The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is responsible for the assessment of selected patients in the designated service. The NP performs physical examinations, confers with patients in person and by phone/electronically, collaborates with others in the department to assure smooth flow of patient care consistent with established quality indicators and participates in the overall coordination of patient care. The NP reports to the Chief of the designated service and to the Department Manager.
- Practices under the standard procedure established for the NP role consistent with Kaiser Permanente policy and in accordance with requirement set forth by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Conducts age appropriate assessments of patients, including history taking and physical examination consistent with department protocol.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status, patient/family education, family involvement, and patient advocacy.
- Consults with supervising physician or other clinicians as dictated by patient need and assessment findings.
- Participates with physicians and other clinicians in the department to assure effective patient care consistent with quality indicators for patients cared for in the designated service.
- Reviews medical record for follow up or ordering of diagnostic studies under established protocols.
- Establishes and maintains communication with other health care providers and departments to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness and to promote consistency and continuity of care.
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families.
- Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties/activities of health care team members.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care given by team members.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as identified by the institution. - Performs efficiently in emergency situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and department personnel. - Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
- Participates in unit and department Performance Improvement activities.
- Participates in nursing research activities as requested.
- Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with patients, families, and all members of the health care team.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and telecommunication modalities to document, track and convey information.
- If practicing in a specialty role, fulfills the expectations established for the particular role.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- This job has no supervisory responsibility.
- Minimum of six (6) months of experience as a nurse practitioner. See job duties for specific experience requirements for specialty services.
- One (1) year (within the past three (3) years) experience as a NP providing care for endocrine conditions. Specialized training in the field of endocrinology required. Completion of a Masters
Program in Adult NP, Family Practice NP or Pediatric NP required: Adult or Family NP if practice limited to adults; Family or Pedi NP if practice limited to pediatric patients.
- Master's degree in nursing (unless already a Kaiser Permantente employee who was 'grandfathered in' prior to California Business and Professions Code requirement in January 1, 2008).
- Must meet credentialing requirements established for nurse practitioners within the Kaiser system (National Certification from one of the following organizations: American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, American Credentialing Center, National Certification Corporation for Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing Specialties if working in obstetrics, gynecologic or neonatal specialties, and National Certification Board of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and Nurses if working in pediatrics.- Current California RN/NP License with California BRN issued Furnishing Number.
- Current BLS required.
- Must have a NPI and meet Medicare requirements for PTAN (Provider Transaction Account Number).
- Current DEA if required for specialty.
- Depending on the particular specialty, ACLS and/or NALS and/or PALS or PEARS may also be required for the position.
Jefferson Park Veterinary Clinic in West Sacramento, CA is a very high quality privately owned 1.5 veterinarian small animal practice. Owner is an experienced clinician and Board Certified...
Business Admin D365 CRM - Fort Lauderdale - 65k My client is looking for a full-time in house PowerBI Analyst, who is looking to learn and develop their skills. This client sits within the...
Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource. This position is located in the Bureau of Land Management, California State Office in Sacramento,...
Req ID: 100995 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
Program Risk Lead (ID# 47022) Sacramento, CA Category: Risk Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 15 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Here is your opportunity to work on the...
This position is located in the Department of the Chief of Program Operations, AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC) in Sacramento, CA NCCC is a full-time, team-based residential...
Jefferson Park Veterinary Clinic in West Sacramento, CA is a very high quality privately owned...
Business Admin D365 CRM - Fort Lauderdale - 65k My client is looking for a full-time in house...
Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource. This...
Req ID: 100995 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Program Risk Lead (ID# 47022) Sacramento, CA Category: Risk Job Type: Full Time Minimum...
This position is located in the Department of the Chief of Program Operations, AmeriCorps...