Position at Ingram Micro Commerce & Lifecycle Services
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The Training Manager is responsible for leading the design and delivery of technical training programs and determines training objectives by conducting analysis of overall needs, specific skills needed, or knowledge gaps within the facility. The training manager is also responsible for the development of training program materials including outlines, handouts, hands on exercises and training evaluations. As a Training Manager, you will be leading a team of training coordinators to deliver specialized technical training to our operations team and within each department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage collaboration with stakeholders to perform needs analysis, develop learning objectives and design deliverables that meet the business needs and organizational quality standards
- Responsible for the development of training sessions, and assist with the delivery of training programs as needed to achieve business outcomes and effective transfer of learning in the workplace
- Forge relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that both tactical and strategic goals and outcomes are met
- Develop and implement training programs and materials to ensure business requirements are met for effective operational areas such as Depot Repair, Reverse Logistics, Refurbishment, ITAD, Logistics, Compliance, Inventory Management, Warehouse, Recycle, Deconstruction, Quality and Lean
- Complete hiring and performance management processes to support a high performing training team
- Provide confidential coaching/facilitation and work closely with all levels of operation staff to ensure the integrity of the program and provide highly skilled feedback on operations staff performance in scheduled training and informal skills-based coaching
- Ensure training Coordinators and Operations staff are up-to-date and trained on project specific department, process, or procedural changes
- Develop a means of measuring the effectiveness of training programs developed through evaluation, testing, and assessment of program outcomes
- Review, evaluate, and modify existing and proposed programs
- Collaborate with Operation Director on training needs and analysis
- Develop assessments to measure the effectiveness of the curriculum and learner performance in the workplace, integrating results into new and existing course curriculum.
- Maintain a library of training aids
- Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends
- Follow processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Act as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve problems
- Develop and administer schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities
Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in technical training required
- Ability to interface, collaborate, and interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to assess and analyze complex procedures in order to develop effective training programs
- 25 % travel may be required
- 3-5 years previous Leadership/Management experience and at least 3 years of experience as a Training Manager
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Classroom training experience, field of technology preferred
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties. Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
Senior Civil Engineer (ID# 45910) Indianapolis, IN Category: Civil Engineering Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 5+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be involved in...
Kelly Science and Clinical has an immediate opportunity available in the Indianapolis area with a pharmaceutical client. Pharmaceutical Process Operator POSITION OVERVIEW: This is a position in...
Noah's Animal Hospitals is a growing veterinarian-owned hospital system located in the Greater Indianapolis area. We are accepting inquiries from veterinarians interested in General Practice at...
Proposal Manager (ID# 45986) Indianapolis, IN Category: Marketing Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 7 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be involved in projects with our...
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek...
Senior Dynamics NAV Developer - Indianapolis, IN - $105K Do you want to work in the manufacturing industry? Our client is looking for an experienced Dynamics NAV Developer that has a very strong...
Senior Civil Engineer (ID# 45910) Indianapolis, IN Category: Civil Engineering Job Type: Full...
Kelly Science and Clinical has an immediate opportunity available in the Indianapolis area with...
Noah's Animal Hospitals is a growing veterinarian-owned hospital system located in the Greater...
Proposal Manager (ID# 45986) Indianapolis, IN Category: Marketing Job Type: Full Time Minimum...
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and...
Senior Dynamics NAV Developer - Indianapolis, IN - $105K Do you want to work in the...