We are Searchers.
We are over 600 strong worldwide. We believe in our mission to end violent conflict.
It’s our purpose- our call to action.
A Searcher understands our vision of a world where:
Differences stimulate social progress, rather than precipitate violence
Respect for and cooperation with those we disagree with is considered the norm
A Searcher is a dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate individual, committed to our values.
Shared Humanity. Empathy. Impartiality. Inclusivity. Courage. Hope. Humility. Audacity.
With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, we implement projects from 55 offices in 34 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. You will be joining other highly motivated Searchers with a good team spirit and through commitment and dedication, have opportunities to grow.
We are searching for…
Supervised by the Institutional Learning Team Director and DM&E Specialists, Search is seeking a Organizational Learning Intern for Spring of 2018 (with possibility for extension) on the Institutional Learning Team. They may support our regional M&E and peacebuilding work across East and Southern Africa, West Africa and the Sahel, the Middle East/North Africa, and/or Asia. Interns may also support our projects that help to codify M&E methodologies and systems for teams working across the world.
If you are a student and would like to earn course credit from your internship, we are willing to work with you to develop a rigorous workload that is relevant to your field of study and professional interests.
We want our interns to make the most of this experience. To this end, we ask every intern to develop a set of strategic learning objectives at the beginning of their internship with their supervisor, outlining their key learning and professional development needs. ILT staff will work with you to ensure assignments are relevant to these learning objectives, and that you continue to grow throughout your internship.
This internship requires a minimum commitment of three days per week.
The Institutional Learning Team
The Institutional Learning Team (ILT) sits at the heart of the organization. The Team is headed by the Director of Institutional Learning under the leadership of the Vice President of Programs. It includes a global team of technical specialists working to support Search’s programs across the world, as well as a team of specialists who test emerging practices in the field of DM&E and peacebuilding in close partnership with other organizations. This includes our DME for Peace learning platform , as well as several other projects collaborating with a dozen other partner and peer organizations.
The Institutional Learning Team is global, dynamic, diverse and engages at multiple levels, both in the organization and externally, to push forward the quality of DM&E in peacebuilding. ILT is a fun team to be part of and undertakes projects that span the full spectrum of work of the organisation and emerging M&E practice with partners.
Learning Intern Responsibilities
- Support ILT Director with initiatives to utilize organizational learning and knowledge management systems within the organization;
- Curate existing resources and support development of new resources on design, M&E, and learning for use within Search;
- Possible support to field-team in analysis of raw data in studies;
- Support SFCG’s research on cutting edge issues in monitoring and evaluation methodology, thematic issues, best practices, and lessons learned;
- Support the development of learning materials from SFCG programming, including best and emerging practices, lessons learned, key evaluation findings etc.; and,
- Maintain the internal ILT website with up to date content and tools.
- Organising meetings, taking notes, and providing logistical support for the DM&E team;
- Contribute to global learning with contributions to the DME for Peace website (dmeforpeace.org), including writing original blog posts on relevant topics;
- Organise and support ILT-sponsored brown bag lunch events, trainings and other informational presentations to Search staff.
- Senior undergraduate or graduate level, with completed coursework in monitoring and evaluation, social sciences, or related field;
- Interest, education, or experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, Peacebuilding, International Development, or other related fields;
- Interest, education or experience in Data Management, Information Management, Information Systems; and,
- Experience in information gathering and research - book, journal and internet;
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills and the ability to draft, edit and proofread; and,
- Excellent computer skills (including Word, Excel, various Web 2.0 tools).
- Proactive attitude and ability to work independently and in a team;
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills;
- Creative and thorough approach to work; and,
- Interest in evaluation of conflict resolution interventions.
How to apply:
The intern should be able to commit to working for Search for a minimum of 3 days per week, with the option of two of those being in a Search office and one being remote, for at least a 3 to 6 month period. The ideal starting date for this internship would be June 5th 2017, though there may be some flexibility.
To apply please submit your (1) Cover Letter, (2) Resume, and (3) a two to three-page writing sample. The closing date for this application is January 21, 2018. In your cover letter, please clearly state why the position is of interest, what you can bring to it and what you hope to gain from it, and any regional or topical interests. If applicable, please list any other divisions you have applied to within Search. Please clearly state if you are seeking course credit from this internship and any requirements your University may have for such work. Also, please include the date you can start work, the length of your availability (in months), and the number of hours per week to which you can commit.
Please note this is an unpaid internship.
Mission Engineer - IRES - SAFB - (AS0003QV) Description Serve as Mis s ion Engi n eer for E xercises and Wargame s on the Int eg rated Rese a r ch and Development for Enterprise ...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 392 of 1000 Sr Project Manager Company: SynteractHCR Deutschland GmbH Location: United States Anywhere, US...
Sales and Operations Management Trainee( Job Number: 1808953) Description Position Summary: Take charge. Think fast. Move forward. As a Sales and Operations Management Trainee in our fast-paced...
Program Management Core Systems Intern-PRO24018 Description Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity Employer "Technical Perfection and automotive passion" is what defines Faurecia. We design, engineer...
Product Specialist-351193 Nordstrom, Inc. is a leading fashion specialty retailer offering compelling clothing, shoes and accessories for men, women and children. Since 1901, we've been committed...
Maintenance Technician II - Full Time - WorldMark - Bear Lake - 1812708 Description Maintenance Technician II The Maintenance Technician II performs all general to complex facility maintenance...
Mission Engineer - IRES - SAFB - (AS0003QV) Description Serve as Mis s ion Engi n eer for E...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 392 of...
Sales and Operations Management Trainee( Job Number: 1808953) Description Position Summary: Take...
Program Management Core Systems Intern-PRO24018 Description Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity...
Product Specialist-351193 Nordstrom, Inc. is a leading fashion specialty retailer offering...
Maintenance Technician II - Full Time - WorldMark - Bear Lake - 1812708 Description Maintenance...