Paralegal, Legal Affairs
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Please submit a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements. Only submissions with cover letters will be considered.
PATH is currently recruiting for a very experienced Paralegal to work with attorneys in the Legal and Research Affairs division to support internal program and institutional units at PATH.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The Legal Affairs team supports PATH’s mission of bringing health equity to all by providing strategic legal counsel, education, and guidance to facilitate innovation and collaboration while enhancing compliance and managing risk. The division consists of a general counsel, five attorneys, three paralegals, and three paralegal assistants, who comprise its administrative support team. Legal Affairs’ mission is to support PATH's diverse portfolio of public health projects by being trusted advisors and partnering with clients and other stakeholders to achieve PATH’s strategic objectives within sound risk tolerance and efficient decision-making frameworks, tailored and adaptable to meet institutional and programmatic needs.
Under the supervision of the attorneys, specific responsibilities include:
- Review, draft, and negotiate agreements (in the context of both creating new and editing existing) such as pre-teaming and teaming agreements, confidential disclosure agreements, material transfer agreements, data transfer agreements, copyright permissions, publication agreements, subcontracts, collaborative development agreements, research collaboration agreements, clinical trial agreements, commercialization agreements, manufacture and supply agreements, memoranda of understanding, software license and other vendor agreements, grant agreements, and amendments.
- Prepare other legal documents such as research/due diligence memoranda, internal client and external collaborator communications, and letters.
- Leverage departmental databases (including Salesforce-based database) and other software tools for agreement and project tracking.
- Collaborate with team members to provide comprehensive legal services to PATH clients.
- Undertake research relating to implementing transactions and initiatives.
- Contribute to Legal Affairs projects, such as templates, reports, forms and clause banks.
- Assist in the development and presentation of client training materials and client-facing intranet tools.
- Organize, electronically file and disseminate legal documents as requested by supervising attorneys.
- Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree (or an equivalent amount of education and work experience), plus a minimum of five years as a transactional paralegal, contract administrator or contract manager.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating a variety of agreement types, including simple agreements and amendments as well as more complex collaborative agreements.
- Work experience in-house at a company or global organization handling global transactions required.
- Intellectual property and patent experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of contract and legal terminology and concepts and ability to effectively explain the same to clients and apply to business objectives.
- Experience working with corporate, private foundation and government donors and funders a plus.
- Adept at prioritizing competing demands in high-volume environment.
- Strong research, analytical, and investigative skills; ability to document and present findings succinctly, both orally and in writing.
- Creative problem-solving to practically address issues and to develop sustainable and systemic solutions, including developing pragmatic legal solutions to fulfill business needs.
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment, particularly in ambiguous circumstances.
- Strong client communications to effectively educate and manage expectations.
- Ability to build rapport and clearly, effectively and collaboratively communicate with peers and clients.
- Excellent proofreading ability and very strong attention to detail.
- Well organized, flexible attitude, and a desire to continually learn new concepts.
- Ability to work independently, but comfortable working in a collaborative environment.
- Proficiency with databases (e.g., Salesforce) and with Microsoft Office products, including Teams, OneDrive, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*** PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers. ***
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com email address.
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Location
- Seattle, Washington, United States
- Company Location
- United States, Seattle
- Position Type
Who do you know at
LinkedIn Facebook Twitter Email AddThis
Return To Job Listings
Marketing Manager (ID# 47784) Seattle, WA Category: Marketing Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 7+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description WSP USA’s Northwest Marketing Group...
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members...
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek...
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation...
Project Manager (ID# 47838) Federal Way, WA Category: Project Management Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 7+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be involved in projects...
Description: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: CARDIOLOGY Job Summary: Provide direct and indirect nursing care to patients in routine nursing situations, under the direction and supervision of a registered...
Marketing Manager (ID# 47784) Seattle, WA Category: Marketing Job Type: Full Time Minimum...
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper...
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and...
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants...
Project Manager (ID# 47838) Federal Way, WA Category: Project Management Job Type: Full...
Description: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: CARDIOLOGY Job Summary: Provide direct and indirect nursing...