Job TitlePart-Time Insurance Licensing Instructor (Houston and San Antonio)
Part-time Insurance Licensing instructors are responsible for teaching insurance licensing classes (Life & Health and/or Property & Casualty) to prepare students for the state exam. The instructor must lead the class and teach out of the Kaplan-provided materials. The class duration is based upon the approved timed outline for each day’s topic(s). Most classes are taught during the day (most classes are 8 - 5) on weekdays (Mon - Fri). Class days, length of class (most 2 - 5 days), and class frequency vary by state. The instructor has the flexibility of accepting teaching opportunities based upon his/her schedule. Once scheduled, instructor must be dependable. The number one goal of every class is to prepare students to pass the state exam … the first time.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Demonstrate excellent teaching skills and ability to engage students in the classroom.
- Keeps class on task.
- Serve as an industry expert while keeping focus on state exam.
- Address student questions throughout live classes and in follow-up as requested.
- Run class time schedule in accordance with established itinerary.
- Adjust teaching style based on feedback and constructive criticism.
- Provide appropriate books, and course material as needed.
- Adhere to specific requirements as dictated including but not limited to attendance, time schedule, and student concerns.
- Maintain regular communication with product line management to stay informed of scheduling, curriculum updates, and classroom changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years insurance industry experience.
- Ability to train students in preparation for the state exam.
- Ability to adhere to state and company classroom rules and practices.
- Ability to effectively utilize technology (using power points, entering time for payroll, internal email, etc).
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptability to new teaching methods and alteration in course materials as needed.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Completion, review, and approval of attendance and classroom administration documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills and approachability.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous teaching experience is a plus.
- Accreditation or license for the respective course.
- Completion of a higher education degree.
- May be opportunity to travel in future (if employee desires).
- Ability to travel by various means of transportation including; car, plane and train.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, typically but not limited to up to 8 hours with infrequent breaks.
- Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Additional LocationsHouston, TX, USA, San Antonio, TX, USA
Job Functional AreaInstructors
Kaplan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Learning Solutions Specialist (LSS) is responsible for the sales of print, electronic, custom, and technology products to colleges and universities by working with local sales representatives...
Position: Deployment Technician II (Peabody/Boston, Ma.) Job Description: Responsibilities: Technical Knowledge (Training will be provided): Technical/functional knowledge of computer...
Are you driven by helping students achieve their academic goals? Are you tech savvy? We are seeking teachers to work part-time as Title I Instructional Specialists (teachers) with students during...
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary responsibility for this position is to Manage the Hatchery Inovo Process for Zoetis. This will be accomplished through execution of our Best in Class Customer Service...
Job Title Client Support Rep Lvl II Job Purpose About the Role: In this position, you will work in a team oriented and fast paced work environment. You will join a talented team of client service...
Design Delivery Director Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we're always looking for creative and visionary...
The Learning Solutions Specialist (LSS) is responsible for the sales of print, electronic,...
Position: Deployment Technician II (Peabody/Boston, Ma.) Job...
Are you driven by helping students achieve their academic goals? Are you tech savvy? We are...
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary responsibility for this position is to Manage the Hatchery Inovo...
Job Title Client Support Rep Lvl II Job Purpose About the Role: In this position, you will work...
Design Delivery Director Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing...