Job TitlePart-Time Insurance Licensing Instructor (Houston and San Antonio)
Part-time Insurance Licensing instructors are responsible for teaching insurance licensing classes (Life & Health and/or Property & Casualty) to prepare students for the state exam. The instructor must lead the class and teach out of the Kaplan-provided materials. The class duration is based upon the approved timed outline for each day’s topic(s). Most classes are taught during the day (most classes are 8 - 5) on weekdays (Mon - Fri). Class days, length of class (most 2 - 5 days), and class frequency vary by state. The instructor has the flexibility of accepting teaching opportunities based upon his/her schedule. Once scheduled, instructor must be dependable. The number one goal of every class is to prepare students to pass the state exam … the first time.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Demonstrate excellent teaching skills and ability to engage students in the classroom.
- Keeps class on task.
- Serve as an industry expert while keeping focus on state exam.
- Address student questions throughout live classes and in follow-up as requested.
- Run class time schedule in accordance with established itinerary.
- Adjust teaching style based on feedback and constructive criticism.
- Provide appropriate books, and course material as needed.
- Adhere to specific requirements as dictated including but not limited to attendance, time schedule, and student concerns.
- Maintain regular communication with product line management to stay informed of scheduling, curriculum updates, and classroom changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years insurance industry experience.
- Ability to train students in preparation for the state exam.
- Ability to adhere to state and company classroom rules and practices.
- Ability to effectively utilize technology (using power points, entering time for payroll, internal email, etc).
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptability to new teaching methods and alteration in course materials as needed.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Completion, review, and approval of attendance and classroom administration documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills and approachability.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous teaching experience is a plus.
- Accreditation or license for the respective course.
- Completion of a higher education degree.
- May be opportunity to travel in future (if employee desires).
- Ability to travel by various means of transportation including; car, plane and train.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, typically but not limited to up to 8 hours with infrequent breaks.
- Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Additional LocationsHouston, TX, USA, San Antonio, TX, USA
Job Functional AreaInstructors
Kaplan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The VP, Sales Support is responsible for leading Skillsoft’s presales teams (60+ resources) globally that support Skillsoft’s content and platform businesses. The VP, Sales Support is responsible...
SAGE Publishing, one of the world’s leading independent publishers of higher education academic content for classroom and library use has an exceptional opening for a field-based Sales...
Job Title Client Solutions Consultant IV- Digital Banking Job Purpose What does a successful Solutions Consultant do? As a Solutions Consultant for Architect Banking you will be part of the next...
Description Advisory Solution Consultant - Federal Location: Remote, Colorado ServiceNow is changing the way government works. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes...
Req ID: 29752 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s...
Michael Kors is always interested in hearing from talented, globally-minded individuals with a passion for fashion. If you enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love...
The VP, Sales Support is responsible for leading Skillsoft’s presales teams (60+ resources)...
SAGE Publishing, one of the world’s leading independent publishers of higher education academic...
Job Title Client Solutions Consultant IV- Digital Banking Job Purpose What does a successful...
Description Advisory Solution Consultant - Federal Location: Remote, Colorado ServiceNow is...
Req ID: 29752 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is...
Michael Kors is always interested in hearing from talented, globally-minded individuals with a...