A Laboratory Assistant Graduate is responsible for the proper collection and processing of laboratory specimens under the task direction of the Laboratory Supervisor, Assistant Supervisor, Medical Technologist II, Medical Technologist/Technician and/or Lead Lab Assistant. He/she is expected to be competent in the use of the laboratory information system, to assist in the handling of test orders, reports (i.e., filing, distributing, faxing) and to maintain supplies associated with assigned duties. Expected to demonstrate excellent customer service skills, team work, professionalism, good judgment and organizational skills.
- Collect laboratory specimens: Perform venipuncture proficiently on all age groups. Escort members for urine specimen collection to the rest room and explain collection procedure. Follow department policies/procedures for specimen collection, including Standard Precautions. Maintain a professional demeanor/appearance per regional policy while collecting specimens. Research and collect appropriate specimen for the test requested. Address members properly, collecting specimens efficiently with compassion. Clearly explain, ensure understanding of collection/storage instructions for patients with take home tests. Promptly respond to requests for venipunctures to be performed in areas outside of the lab. Be familiar with emergency codes and be able to execute appropriate emergency procedures. Protect PHI per HIPAA, including shred or properly dispose of all unused labels. Keep work area/ phlebotomy room clean/stocked with in date supplies, complete checklist.
- Deliver great customer service: Show care and respect for members at all times, resolving issues or finding someone who can. Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers. Prioritize work to meet member/customer needs; e.g. be mindful of wait times. Consistently displays good communication skills.
- Perform necessary front desk functions: Greet members promptly using good customer service skills (make eye contact, smile). Exhibit competency in Cerner, the laboratory information system. Exhibit competency in HealthConnect. Maintain a professional demeanor/appearance per regional policy while checking in members. Use good telephone etiquette (give name, location). No eating, drinking, chewing gum, or applying makeup. Process infertility orders/payments accurately. Monitor the waiting area for members waiting, using the Caution List. Protect PHI per HIPAA. Keep front desk and waiting area neat and stocked with in date supplies & patient instructions.
- Process specimens: Process stats, coagulation and other time sensitive specimens immediately. Notify the technologist when stats are brought into the technical area or call sister lab when sending a STAT. Follow through with add-on requests. Follow department policies/procedures for processing specimens. Monitor pending functions daily to ensure all collected specimens have been processed. Keep accessioning work area clean/stocked with in date necessary and appropriate supplies, complete checklist.
- Be informed/provide information: Complete all mandatory training, policy/procedure review and competency requirements. Assist with preparation of facility lab, participate in internal DHR inspections, being prepared to answer inspectors' questions. Attend department and facility meetings as well as applicable in-service education programs. Responsible for reading and complying with information communicated in weekly laboratory newsletters. Document quality issues and communicate to supervisor.
- High School diploma or GED.
License, Certification, Registration
- American Heart Association BLS certification acquired by start date.
- Must demonstrate good customer service skills.
- Must have a history of punctuality.
- Must have a history of good attendance.
- Completion of a phlebotomy training program.
Position Description The CSP Senior Software Engineer works within Scientific Games and is responsible for providing senior engineering development and leadership on CSP product development and...
Explore a career with Adecco, the nation’s leading provider for temporary, temp-to-hire and contingency search/permanent placement services. The Centralized Delivery Solutions (CDS) Associate Care...
SUMMARY: Provides strategic and tactical support to Centralized Delivery Solutions (CDS) and SDC organization, with focus on driving business vision and alignment of operational efficiencies,...
About Aramark Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic...
The Inside Sales Vehicle Sales Representative is the frontline support for the Inside Sales Vehicle Sales Manager. The Inside Sales Vehicle Sales Representative will work with different functional...
Position Description B and D Night Shift Available 7 PM to 7 AM Position Summary: This position is responsible for the overall production and quality of the printed product. Flex Job...
Position Description The CSP Senior Software Engineer works within Scientific Games and is...
Explore a career with Adecco, the nation’s leading provider for temporary, temp-to-hire and...
SUMMARY: Provides strategic and tactical support to Centralized Delivery Solutions (CDS) and SDC...
About Aramark Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports...
The Inside Sales Vehicle Sales Representative is the frontline support for the Inside Sales...
Position Description B and D Night Shift Available 7 PM to 7 AM Position Summary: This...