Your duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serves as a Federal Police Officer working for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) performing law enforcement and security duties pursuant to Title 38 USC §902.
- Performs a full range of police duties by following and executing rules, regulations, or procedures covering law and rules enforcement, physical and personal security operations, patrol duties, control desk duty, coordination with local courts, and/or crime prevention activities for the local jurisdiction.
- Works within a mix of jurisdictional arrangements (i.e., exclusive, concurrent and/or proprietorial).
- Ensures compliance with and enforces a full range of Federal, state, territorial, and/or commonwealth, county and municipal laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations.
- Provides support services to the three Administrations, and by extension the Veterans they serve, through the Offices of Congressional and Legislative Affairs, Human Resources and Administration, Information and Technology, Management, Operations, Security, and Preparedness, Policy and Planning, and Public and Intergovernmental Affairs Organizations provide additional enabling services to the administrations or to targeted populations.
- Identifies situations where criminal activity has occurred or is about to occur, assess danger and threats, and take proper recourse, including taking statements, making arrests, and conducting short and long-term investigations.
- Uses designated police and agency disruptive behavior reporting system and databases to access and input sensitive information, author complete and accurate reports, submit attachments pertinent to the case such as photographs, statements, and crime scene sketches.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
: Applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA. Applicants will not be appointed to the position if a verified drug test result is received.
Work Schedule: Typically, scheduled Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. However, the employee may be called upon to work a rotating shift based on mission necessities.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required