PR Intern, Xbox Communications - (171745)
: Assembly Practice Area: Technology
Assembly Media Inc., a subsidiary of Daniel J. Edelman Holdings, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for an intern to join the Xbox team in Seattle. This person will be an integral part of the Xbox Platform and International team that develops PR and marketing programs for Microsoft’s global gaming brand. The job will focus on business and tech press engagements, new hardware, feature and accessory announcements, inventory management and distribution, and momentum/data announcements. Not to mention, you’ll be surrounded by really smart (and fun) people, work in a vibrant office, and keep caffeinated with free gourmet coffee and soda (and of course there will be plenty of snacks).
The Intern is responsible for assisting with the implementation and monitoring of projects within the Xbox account under the direction of the supervisor. S/he works closely with and supports the needs of the Xbox account team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying relevant news relating to Xbox and/or competitors and assessing its business impact based on media reaction
- Assisting with media coverage reports by writing summaries and analysis and pulling coverage links and key quotes
- Assisting with monitoring client competition coverage
- Participating in brainstorms when invited by the supervisor
- Pitching media under the direction of the supervisor
- Drafting and updating tailored media lists for various news announcements
- Drafting pitch letters with the approval of the supervisor
- Drafting brand messaging with the approval of the supervisor
- Conducting and compiling research
- Maintaining and managing inventory distribution
- Assist with client meeting agendas and recaps
The Intern must be able to work effectively with a variety of Xbox account service staff on various Xbox projects. S/he must have good organizational skills and the ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments, and deadlines. S/he must have superior verbal communication skills, be a strong writer and pay close attention to detail. S/he must have solid knowledge of MS Office Suite. The Intern is generally someone who has recently graduated with a Bachelor’s degree and is looking for entry-level experience in Public Relations. Familiarity with the Public Relations discipline through past coursework or other internships and enthusiasm for the gaming and/or technology industries are desirable.
- Intern candidates must have a basic understanding of the principals of PR and possess good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with others
- Eagerness to learn about the Xbox account, improve PR skills, gain new experiences and grow as an aspiring PR and marketing professional
- Familiarity with AP style and solid writing skills are a must
- General understanding of how to use social media
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be flexible and eager to take on projects, and can juggle competing deadlines
- Basic understanding of key client information, including general business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers and competitors in the marketplace
- Basic understanding of research and media list building tools (e.g. Cision)
About our internship program:
We have 8-12 interns in the Seattle office at any given time. The duration of the internship is a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 6 months. Interns work a full-time schedule (Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm) and are paid $15 per hour, plus overtime when approved by management. Interns are post-graduates and are eligible to apply for permanent junior-level positions (AAE) that open up any time during their internship.
Edelman is a leading global communications marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014; six Cannes Lions in 2015; and the Grand Prix in the Titanium category in 2016. The firm was named “2016 Global Agency of the Year” by the Holmes Report, and one of Advertising Age’s “Agencies to Watch” in 2014. In 2015, Edelman was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the fifth time. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency. Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information.
Take a peek behind the scenes of our US operation at https://edelman.us.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
: Client Services - Technology
: United States-Seattle
: Aug 14, 2017, 12:16:09 PM
Applying for a job
Select "Apply Online" to apply for a specific job. You can also use the "Add to My Job Cart" button to add it to your job cart and apply later.