WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
The Plant Superintendent at our Super Plant in Sioux City, IA will assist management of the entire production operation including Plant Maintenance, Quality Control and Shipping & Receiving. If you are interested in growing your career in a Superplant environment, this is the job for you. The Plant Superintendent will ensure quality systems are in place to comply with customer specifications and manage production on a timely basis, per schedule. We are developing a new Super Plant leadership team who are interested in creating a winning team and progressing their career.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Ensure a safe work environment for all employees at our Super Plant in Sioux City, IA.
- Lead a team of over 120 employees and oversees performance of shift supervisors.
- Oversee the proper training and manning of plant positions and establishing a new, winning team.
- Oversee Environmental and Safety compliance.
- Ensure Quality Systems are in place and comply with customer specifications
- Manage production of customer product on timely basis per schedule
- Meet with management on the status and resolution of job postings, employee performance problems and other related human resource matters and provide communication feedback
- Determine manpower necessary to accomplish production requirements on a daily and weekly basis including vacation scheduling in accordance with labor agreement
- Implement, maintain, and support all company policies and procedures, including safety program, union contract and good housekeeping.
What you need to succeed:
- Corrugated box experience
- 3+ years supervisory experience
- Exposure to formal safety, quality and productivity systems such as ISO and OSHA training.
- Willing and able to work required hours
- Excellent communication skills including both written and verbal communication
- Must possess strong strategic planning and analytical skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Experience to make effective decisions independently
6 Sigma and/or lean principles experience very helpful
- 3+ years’ superintendent experience in the corrugate industry
- College degree preferred.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Good computer skills
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and
Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Technology Education Teacher- Long Term Substitute Cheektowaga-Sloan UFSD 166 Halstead Avenue Sloan, NY 14212 Certified - Teaching - Technology Teacher Job Number 3300026131 Start Date Open...
4 hour Food Service Helper Cheektowaga-Sloan UFSD 166 Halstead Avenue Sloan, NY 14212 Classified - Position - Food Service Helper - labor class Job Number 3300026079 Start Date Open...
Technology Education Teacher- Long Term Substitute Cheektowaga-Sloan UFSD 166 Halstead...
4 hour Food Service Helper Cheektowaga-Sloan UFSD 166 Halstead Avenue Sloan, NY 14212 Classified...