Program Officer, Global Health Security
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
**Please note this position is contingent on funding
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The Health Systems Innovation and Delivery (HSID) program within PATH focuses on the health system, including cross-cutting elements of the system that delivers health services and assures health for individuals or communities. This work includes robust analyses to guide the design and implementation of: 1) cross-cutting health system innovations to improve health system performance, 2) cross-cutting health system adaptations to better assure successful adoption and scale of specific product disease prevention innovations, 3) technical assistance to strengthen overall health system integrity and resilience, and 4) strategies to better integrate the effective delivery of services across health and disease categories.
PATH seeks a Program Officer to manage and monitor Global Health Security projects and programs for the Francophone Africa region which includes the DRC, Senegal, and other countries as needed.
- Provide technical assistance to Francophone countries and regional networks on the design and deployment of Global Health Security projects.
- Provide technical assistance to the project partners in the DRC and Senegal in implementation of Information Systems Strengthening focused on Global Health Security programs.
- Provide technical advice and support to local stakeholder, collaborating with health officials of related departments of MOH, national and regional institutions for project design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Identify issues/challenges and develop strategies for effective implementation of related work plan activities.
- Lead regional reporting for Francophone Africa project for Global Health Security (GHS) projects.
- Contribute to the preparation of related parts of required reports to PATH Headquarters and donor.
- Ensure the DRC team successfully completes projects within time, scope and budget parameters
- Develop and rollout program training plans for the region.
- Plan and manage project activities and and ensure team and stakeholder adherence to the plan.
- Collect, manage and analyze monitoring data.
- Support relevant business development opportunities including participation in project design and proposal development.
- Serve as team point of contact to provide project updates, share progress, and discuss tactics.
- Manage ad hoc program based needs associate with Francophone African countries.
- Required Skills
- Master’s degree in public health or related field.
- A minimum of three years of professional experience working in public health.
- Excellent communication skills in English and French, both written and verbal.
- Experience with Global Health Security projects in Francophone Africa, with a preference for working PATH programs or projects.
- Practical experience in health information and disease surveillance systems.
- Experience in low-resource settings.
- Experience living in Sub-Saharan Africa a plus.
- Ability to rapidly evaluate and adapt to evolving priorities.
- Attention to detail and ability to proactively assure quality of project materials, deliverables and meeting goals in coordination with project director.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) complex issues in a concise, compelling, and easily understandable manner.
- Experience interfacing with multiple communication channels, and knowledge management systems, and online platforms.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment as part of a cross-disciplinary team operating in multiple locations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and under tight deadlines.
- MS Office experience to include working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, SharePoint, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness and ability to travel estimated at 30 percent per year.
- Job Location
- Seattle, Washington, United States
- Company Location
- United States, Seattle
- Position Type
Who do you know at
LinkedIn Facebook Twitter Email AddThis
Return To Job Listings
CANCER CARE SERVICE LINE DIRECTOR SUPPORTING CLINICAL OPERATIONS ACROSS KPWA. The Director of Clinical Services works collaboratively with the Medical Director (dyad) to provide the...
Lead Transportation Planner (ID# 46427) Seattle, WA Category: Planning Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 7+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be part of our growing and...
PRIMARY SHIFT WILL BE DAY SHIFT. VARIABLE EVENING HOURS TO SUPPORT OUR OB CENTERING PROGRAM AND POSSIBLE EVENING CLINIC HOURS. Kaiser Permanente Washington serves over 700,000 members across the...
Description: THIS ROLE SUPPORTS THE LABOR MANAGEMENT PARTNERSHIP IN THE KPWA MARKET AND IS FULLY TRUST FUNDED AND WILL NOT HAVE BUDGETARY IMPACT. THE ROLE IS BASED AT RENTON CAMPUS WITH REMOTE...
Marketing Coordinator (ID# 46340) Seattle, WA Category: Marketing Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 3 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description WSP USA is seeking a creative...
Sr Project Manager (ID# 46439) Federal Way, WA Category: Maritime Job Type: Part Time Minimum Experience: - Required Education: - Job Description Be involved in a managerial and technical advisor...
CANCER CARE SERVICE LINE DIRECTOR SUPPORTING CLINICAL OPERATIONS ACROSS KPWA. The Director of...
Lead Transportation Planner (ID# 46427) Seattle, WA Category: Planning Job Type: Full...
PRIMARY SHIFT WILL BE DAY SHIFT. VARIABLE EVENING HOURS TO SUPPORT OUR OB CENTERING PROGRAM AND...
Description: THIS ROLE SUPPORTS THE LABOR MANAGEMENT PARTNERSHIP IN THE KPWA MARKET AND IS FULLY...
Marketing Coordinator (ID# 46340) Seattle, WA Category: Marketing Job Type: Full Time Minimum...
Sr Project Manager (ID# 46439) Federal Way, WA Category: Maritime Job Type: Part Time Minimum...