The focus of Psychologist- Trauma Recovery Program is on the provision of psychological services to veterans diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder at the Hershel "Woody" Williams VA Medical Center.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing a range of psycho-diagnostic services including assessment and using the most appropriate psychotherapeutic techniques in providing quality care. Provides direct patient contact including psychological assessment and treatment planning, individual psychotherapy/assessment sessions, family/caregiver stress collateral sessions.
- Perform evaluations for patients with a variety of psychological disorders.
- Provide a full range of therapeutic interventions, including evidence based individual and group psychotherapy interventions.
- Provide supervision of trainees conducting direct clinical care.
- Consult with medical center staff on a wide variety of patient care issues.
- Collaborate with staff on specialty PTSD Treatment team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30. Candidate must be willing to be on call or work extended hours on occasion.
Financial Disclosure Report:
Recruitment/Relocation may be authorized for highly qualified applicants.
PCS may be authorized for highly qualified applicants.