1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com .
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The R&D Test Technician is a valued member of the product development engineering team, and will have the responsibility of assisting the team in the development of new products and the maintenance of existing products. The position is located in Seneca Falls, NY.
The technician will be working in an industrial test lab environment, perform high quality work, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high visibility environment and work well as part of a team. To properly perform the essential functions of the job, the R&D Technician must have a strong mechanical aptitude, be adept with hand tools and be detail oriented. Experience with basic electrical systems, PCs, wireless communications is required. A familiarity with data acquisition systems is highly preferred. The technician will aid senior technicians in the design and construction of electromechanical test mechanisms. The technician must also have the ability to work safely, clearly communicate written and orally with peers, engineers, and management. The technician will be expected to learn about the products being tested, how they are tested, and understand the objectives of testing. The technician must also be able to identify and report on problems, hazards and issues encountered during testing and willing to provide suggestions for continuous improvement. The ability to create, work with and read drawings, schematics and basic electrical diagrams is required. The successful candidate will receive training to adapt their skills to the needs of the position.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Awareness of any potential hazards and to work with safety as a priority
- Works with colleagues to obtain and/or provide information to complete assignments
- Ability to use and read manual and digital measurement equipment and record data from this equipment
- An understanding of the proper use of instrumentation, perform trouble shooting and repair as required
- Support engineering activities in the design, test, evaluation, modification, fabrication, and assembly of prototype electro mechanical components and systems
- Provide suggestions for improvements for the development of new and existing products
- Ability to work to a schedule and perform routine technical tasks
- Knowledge of test methodologies and statistical tools used to solve problems
- Assist in revising test methods or other actions in problem solving
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Technical school degree – mechanical/electrical, or related field, Associates degree preferred
- Physically capable of lifting, bending and general physical activity
- Strong PC skills, proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, PPT
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing equipment
- The ability to create, work with and read drawings, basic electrical schematics
- Ability to read graphs and perform algebraic calculations
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals
- Strong oral and written technical communication skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to understand basic electrical concepts and devices
- Experience with hand and power tools
- A strong sense of ownership, workmanship and drive
- Eagerness to learn from experienced engineers, technicians, and managers
- Understanding formal problem solving methodologies
- Familiarity with both wired and wireless communication devices
- Labview experience (Is a Plus)
- Practical electrical technical experience (Is a plus
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Manufacturing environment
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing! We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business. Lyons Veterinary Clinic is seeking an...
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing! We're committed...