R&D Sourcing & Procurement - Sourcing & Procurement Analyst-TEC001143
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Research and Development Sourcing and Procurement Department is responsible for conducting strategic sourcing initiatives in support of drug discovery and development within Merck Research Labs.
This is an entry level sourcing and procurement position (intern conversion to full-time). The ideal candidate should have an interest in learning drug discovery and development process and apply business skills to support sourcing needs for internal business partners. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to support sourcing and procurement projects in the areas of discovery sciences, preclinical development, clinical development, lab supplies or lab equipment. Specifically the individual will:
- Work with cross functional teams including Legal, Finance, Procure to Pay, MRL (Merck Research Labs) stakeholders, and external suppliers
- Learn and apply the Sourcing Management Process by assisting a sourcing team to develop new category strategies
- Conduct detailed market analyses looking at facts and data, with the objective of providing deep and meaningful insights
- Utilize e-sourcing tools to conduct Request for Information, Request for Proposals from suppliers, and Reverse Auctions
- Develop legal fluency through contract execution
- Develop negotiation skills by leading commercial negotiations and contract execution
- Opportunities for advanced training in negotiation, project management, and cost modeling
Education Minimum Requirement:
- BS in science, supply chain or business
Required Experience and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience with data analytics
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience with using Sharepoint or other similar collaboration websites
- Experience with TIBCO Spotfire or other data analytic/visualization tools
- Experience with using Excel to manage large data sets
- Knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys)
- Experience with contract negotiations and/or Request for Proposals
- Internship or co-op experience in pharmaceutical company or procurement
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Technical Procurement
Job Title:Assoc. Spclst, Procurement
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Other Locations: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 2
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Medical, Procurement, Pharmaceutical, Developer, Intern, Healthcare, Operations, Science, Technology, Entry Level
We have an opening for a full-time COOK position. Location: Merck - 126 East Lincoln Ave., Rahway, NJ. 07065 Note: online applications accepted only . Schedule: F/T; Monday through Friday, morning...
Sourcing Specialist - Information Technology End Solutions - NA( Job Number: 1805612) Description The Sourcing Specialist works in cooperation with the global or Regional Spend Area teams to...
Senior Sourcing Specialist-R_020385 Description The Senior Sourcing Specialist works cross-functionally with MMC's OpCos, financial, technology and legal communities to execute projects of medium...
Functional Area: CS - Corporate Services Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25% Relocation Provided: No AIG Employee Services, Inc. POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Information Technology...
Global Sourcing & Procurement Internship-R_021190 Description MARSH & McLENNAN COMPANIES (NYSE: MMC) is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of...
Company Info Teva is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world’s largest generic medicines producer, committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions...
We have an opening for a full-time COOK position. Location: Merck - 126 East Lincoln Ave.,...
Sourcing Specialist - Information Technology End Solutions - NA( Job...
Senior Sourcing Specialist-R_020385 Description The Senior Sourcing Specialist works...
Functional Area: CS - Corporate Services Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25% Relocation...
Global Sourcing & Procurement Internship-R_021190 Description MARSH & McLENNAN COMPANIES (NYSE:...
Company Info Teva is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world’s largest generic medicines...