R&D Sourcing & Procurement - Sourcing & Procurement Analyst-TEC001143
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Research and Development Sourcing and Procurement Department is responsible for conducting strategic sourcing initiatives in support of drug discovery and development within Merck Research Labs.
This is an entry level sourcing and procurement position (intern conversion to full-time). The ideal candidate should have an interest in learning drug discovery and development process and apply business skills to support sourcing needs for internal business partners. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to support sourcing and procurement projects in the areas of discovery sciences, preclinical development, clinical development, lab supplies or lab equipment. Specifically the individual will:
- Work with cross functional teams including Legal, Finance, Procure to Pay, MRL (Merck Research Labs) stakeholders, and external suppliers
- Learn and apply the Sourcing Management Process by assisting a sourcing team to develop new category strategies
- Conduct detailed market analyses looking at facts and data, with the objective of providing deep and meaningful insights
- Utilize e-sourcing tools to conduct Request for Information, Request for Proposals from suppliers, and Reverse Auctions
- Develop legal fluency through contract execution
- Develop negotiation skills by leading commercial negotiations and contract execution
- Opportunities for advanced training in negotiation, project management, and cost modeling
Education Minimum Requirement:
- BS in science, supply chain or business
Required Experience and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience with data analytics
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience with using Sharepoint or other similar collaboration websites
- Experience with TIBCO Spotfire or other data analytic/visualization tools
- Experience with using Excel to manage large data sets
- Knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys)
- Experience with contract negotiations and/or Request for Proposals
- Internship or co-op experience in pharmaceutical company or procurement
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Technical Procurement
Job Title:Assoc. Spclst, Procurement
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Other Locations: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 2
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Medical, Procurement, Pharmaceutical, Developer, Intern, Healthcare, Operations, Science, Technology, Entry Level
Requisition ID: CLI006628 The role is accountable for performance and compliance for assigned protocols and sites in a country. Under the oversight of the CRA manager the person ensures compliance...
Sourcing Manager Capital Equipment( Job Number: 1709944) Description With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident...
RB A fantastic opportunity is available for an Senior Buyer to join our Procurement team. This role is responsible within assigned portfolio responsible for the supplier selection process,...
Senior Logistics Sourcing Manager( Job Number: 1712371) Description Even if you’re not familiar with our name, you’ve almost certainly heard of our billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka,...
Local Procurement Representative( Job Number: 1712787) Description With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident...
Sr. Technology Sourcing Analyst Wiley - Hoboken The Company: We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet...
Requisition ID: CLI006628 The role is accountable for performance and compliance for assigned...
Sourcing Manager Capital Equipment( Job Number: 1709944) Description With our portfolio of...
RB A fantastic opportunity is available for an Senior Buyer to join our Procurement team. This...
Senior Logistics Sourcing Manager( Job Number: 1712371) Description Even if you’re not familiar...
Local Procurement Representative( Job Number: 1712787) Description With our portfolio of global...
Sr. Technology Sourcing Analyst Wiley - Hoboken The Company: We may have been founded over two...