We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
- Ensure all Ramp Personnel are properly assigned and utilized. Requests overtime as needed and maintains maximum use and efficiency of all Employees on duty. Oversees breaks and lunch periods to control Employee productivity.
- Assists in training Ramp Agents to ensure that they are aware of appropriate regulations, procedures, and Company policies.
- Determines that aircraft are properly serviced and provisioned prior to departure and that all forms and records are properly completed and maintained.
- Coordinates, as needed, with Operations, Customer Service, Maintenance, Provisioning, and Dispatch to maintain the stations on-time performance.
- Provides special care, attention, and assistance to all SWA Customer’s as needed.
- Evaluates the work performance of Ramp Agents to ensure that their work performance, attendance, and appearance meet Company requirements.
- Monitors the handling and operating condition of all ramp equipment and all other tools and equipment needed for ramp services. Makes sure ground equipment is serviced and fueled as necessary.
- Performs special tasks or assignments as delegated by station management personnel. Mentors Agents for future Leadership programs.
- Ensures Agents comply with Ramp procedures and use of correct forms and tools to comply with Company regulations and standards.
- Performs special tasks or assignments as delegated by station management personnel
- Knowledge of Contract and other policies and procedures.
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
What are the minimum requirements to be a Ramp Supervisor?
High School diploma, GED or equivalent;
Must be at least 18 years of age;
Must have a valid drivers license with a good driving record;
May be required by Station Leadership to obtain a Customs Seal and meet all requirements to work international flights;
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986;
What are the Physical Requirements of a Ramp Supervisor?
Must be able to lift and move items of 70 pounds and/or more on a regular basis and repetitively lift weights of 40 to 50 pounds on raised surfaces.
Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a frequent basis and for extended periods.
Must be able to work in cramped or high places.
Must be able to carry heavy items up and down jetway stairs.
What else do I need to know about being a Ramp Supervisor?
College coursework or degree would be an asset;
Airline or related Leadership experience is desirable;
Ability to work fast and under tight timelines to ensure timely flight departures with quick turns and the ability to handle many functions at once with many different offices and/or Team of people;
Need to be available to work a variety of shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays and overtime;
Ability to type and/or use computer keyboard with sufficient speed;
Ability read and write English;
Attend and successfully complete a training program in Dallas, Texas as well as on the job training.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please print/save the job description because it won't be available after you apply.
***Southwest Airlines will consider your interest for the ITO Ramp Agent Supervisor position if you are currently a resident of the state of HI***
Not ready to apply? Connect with us through our Talent Communities.
These positions are for the Winter season only Interpretive Rangers develop and present educational programs including guided walks and presentations working with audiences in a variety of park...
Help Help Duties Summary You will serve as a JOB READINESS CELL (JRC) MANAGER in the Work Packaging Branch, Engineering and Planning Department of PEARL HARBOR NSY AND IMF. A...
These positions are for the Winter season only Interpretive Rangers develop and present...
Help Help Duties Summary You will serve as a JOB READINESS CELL (JRC) MANAGER in the Work...