RELEASE MANAGEMENT SUPERVISOR
: United States-Virginia-Virginia Beach
: NEXCOMHQ Pay Range: based on experience
The Navy Exchange offers an exciting opportunity to join a unique employer. We operate and manage retail stores, food services, hotels, auto shops and other services on all the Navy Bases around the world. NEXCOM employs more than 14,000 civilian associates in a wide variety of jobs. You do not need a military background to work for us.
We are a $2+ B organization, operating over 100 Navy Exchange retail stores and 40 Navy Lodge hotels around the US and in nine foreign countries. We are a non-appropriated fund instrumentality (NAFI) of the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy. This means, we do not receive tax payer dollars (appropriated funds) to pay employee salary or support our business.
We offer a comprehensive benefits program, including health insurance with vision benefits, dental coverage, flexible spending accounts (FSAs) for qualified health care and/or dependent care expenses, associate and dependent life insurance, short & long term disability insurance, defined benefit pension plan, immediate 401K enrollment with company match, will preparation services, and generous vacation and sick leave benefits. The value of these benefits is approximately 35 to 40% of your annual salary.
Job Summary: Coordinates the daily tasking of release management and automation application administrators and oversees the release management lifecycle to include scheduling, coordination, and management of code releases for multiple applications across the enterprise.
Incumbents of this position must be U.S. Citizens.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises staff of release management and automation application administrators.
- Prioritizes and responds to service desk requests, monitors release management and automation applications, tools, interfaces, etc. Analyzes and recommends fixes/enhancements to release management and automation systems, configurations, and processes.
- Plans, assigns, and prioritizes daily work of subordinates based on priorities, associate skills, and project demands to ensure completion on time and within budget.
- Monitors and evaluates team member performance, identifies developmental needs, arranges for training as needed for associate area(s) of responsibility, and administers HR and disciplinary actions as needed.
- Evaluates work processes and recommends ways to increase work quality and efficiency.
- Acts as liaison between database administrators, systems administrators, service desk for all release management and automation application functionality and configuration.
- Monitors and coordinates release of code to all application environments (war room, pre-production, production) in cooperation with application owners, system administrators, database administrators, and the security and infrastructure teams.
- Coordinates internal program and interface development and implementation related to applications and provides guidelines for Version control.
- Acts as point of contact for migration of any applications, or modules thereof, from development/quality assurance to production systems.
- Creates, reviews, publishes, and manages release plans and formal communication as needed.
- Determines readiness of releases based on release quality, readiness of the environment, and documentation of successful test cycles.
- Provides technical guidance and support to systems analysis and design projects, monitors applications for performance problems, and distinguishes between database, application and/or systems related problems.
- Coordinates activities of vendor and contract personnel engaged in system development, implementation or maintenance.
- Prepares and executes technical project plans which are part of an overall development initiative.
- Monitors and maintains application service account passwords based on NEXCOM information technology security requirements.
- Ensure/implement the rigorous application of Information Security/Information Assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of Systems, Applications and/or Services (Hardware & Software).
- Advises Director, IT Operations on all release management and automation issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
IAT2 jobs: This position is designated IT-1 (Critical - Sensitive) in accordance with SECNAV M-5510.30 and will require a favorable Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). Candidates must be eligible for and obtain a Secret Clearance, within 6 months of appointment. Failure to obtain will result in termination.
Department of the Navy (DON) Cyber Information Technology / Cybersecurity Workforce positions (Cyber IT/CSWF) This position has been designated as a Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce position in specialty area 45 and as a condition of employment incumbents of this position are required to comply with the DON Cyber IT/CSWF Program requirements of SECNAV M-5239.2, which include:
1. Earn and maintain appropriate credentials from the Cyber IT/CSWF Qualification Matrix (described in SECNAV M-5239.2) associated with the specialty area and level commensurate with the scope of major assigned duties for the position to which you are assigned, and;
2. Per SECNAVINST 1543.2, Cyber IT/CSWF individuals shall participate annually in 40 hours of continuous learning (CL) activities to be documented in a current individual development plan (IDP) signed by both the employee and supervisor.
3. Required Minimum Cybersecurity Credentials, in order of precedence, to qualify for the position are:
a. Education (at least one of the following):
i. Graduate Degree from accredited University (subject matter as listed in SECNAV M-5239.2 Appendix 4)
ii. CNSSI/NTSSI 4015 - Systems Certifiers / 4016 - Risks Analysts
b. Training (at least one of the following):
i. NEC 1316 AN/BYG-1 (V) TI04 Combat Control Maintenance Technician
ii. NEC 1319 SSGN Tactical Tomahawk Weapon System (TTWCS) Maintenance Technician
iii. NEC 1346 AN/BYG-1 (V)9 TI-10 Combat Control Maintenance Technician
iv. NEC 1347 AN/BYG-1 (V) TI-12/14 Maintainer
v. NEC 2780 Network Security Vulnerability Technician
vi. NEC 2781 Advanced Network Analyst
vii. NEC 3371 CVN Propulsion Plant Local Area Network (PPLAN) Administrator
viii. NEC 9225 AN/SSQ-137 Ship's Signal Exploitation Equipment (SSEE) Maintenance Technician
ix. NEC 9229 Submarine Carry-on Equipment Technician
x. NEC 9298 Ship's Signal Exploitation Equipment Increment Foxtrot (SSEE INC F) Maintenance Technician
xi. NETW 4001 Security Plus
c. Certification (at least one of the following):
i. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
ii. CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) ce
iii. EC-Council Network Security Administrator (NSA)
4. Operating System/Computing Environment Certificate Operating System/Computing Environment (OS/CE) certificate of training, as dictated by the Command Cyber IT/CSWF Program Manager:
Introduction to SQL; Introduction to SQL: Multiple Tables and Advanced Queries Introduction to SQL: Views, Transactions, and SQL Security Architecture (https://navycswf.skillport.com )
5. A Signed Privileged Access Statement
6. Candidates without the required certification may be placed into this job, but must obtain the required certification(s) within 6 months of appointment; failure to obtain this requirement will result in termination of employment.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: 3 years' experience in administrative, technical or investigative work which demonstrated the ability and aptitudes required to perform technical, supervisory or analytical work involving management information systems.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: One year of related academic study above the high school level may be substituted for 9 months of experience up to a maximum of a 4 year bachelor's degree for 3 years of general experience.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 4 years of progressive experience in the following:
*Release management processes and methodologies
*Software change control and configuration management skills
*Application security and password management
*Applications systems functionality, processes supported, configuration, and data architecture
: Applications Systems
: Full-Time (35 + hours)
: May 24, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Working Title Program Support Technician (Building & Grounds) - #00090 Role Title Admin and Office Spec III - 19013 Job Open Date 08/16/2019 Job Close Date Jobs close at 11:59pm...
Working Title Equipment Repair Supervisor - #00088 Role Title Trades Technician IV - 79034 Job Open Date 08/16/2019 Job Close Date Jobs close at 11:59pm EST/EDT. 08/30/2019 Job Type...
Working Title #AD151 Adjunct Faculty- English - Repost Role Title Adjunct Professor - 01011 Job Open Date 08/10/2019 Job Close Date Jobs close at 11:59pm EST/EDT. 08/23/2019 Job Type...
Working Title Adjunct- Spanish - REPOST Role Title Adjunct Professor - 01011 Job Open Date 08/10/2019 Job Close Date Jobs close at 11:59pm EST/EDT. 08/23/2019 Job Type...
Working Title Fiscal Technician Senior - #00288 Role Title Admin and Office Spec III - 19013 Job Open Date 08/16/2019 Job Close Date Jobs close at 11:59pm EST/EDT. 08/23/2019 Job Type...
Probation Officer Senior (Team Leader): P&P District #23/Virginia Beach - #P2397, Div of Community Corrections (767), 6 daysWorking Title Probation Officer Senior (Team Leader): P&P District #23/Virginia Beach - #P2397 Role Title Probation Officer I - 69091 Job Open Date 08/16/2019 Job Close Date Jobs close at 11:59pm...
Working Title Program Support Technician (Building & Grounds) - #00090 Role Title Admin and...
Working Title Equipment Repair Supervisor - #00088 Role Title Trades Technician IV - 79034 Job...
Working Title #AD151 Adjunct Faculty- English - Repost Role Title Adjunct Professor - 01011 Job...
Working Title Adjunct- Spanish - REPOST Role Title Adjunct Professor - 01011 Job Open...
Working Title Fiscal Technician Senior - #00288 Role Title Admin and Office Spec III - 19013 Job...
Probation Officer Senior (Team Leader): P&P District #23/Virginia Beach - #P2397, Div of Community Corrections (767), 6 daysWorking Title Probation Officer Senior (Team Leader): P&P District #23/Virginia Beach -...