You will be responsible for the release lifecycle across WSPT. This can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs. Additionally, this includes being aware of enterprise release schedules and milestones and relating that as necessary to internal team milestones. Where necessary you’ll identify existing tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
The Release Manager Job function works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments. You will be responsible for monitoring and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments. This includes tracking development readiness, code drop, timely defect resolution, and production deployment readiness and completion. The Release Manager will assist in managing projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence to ensure the integrity of the release can be measured.
This position also works with WSPT Delivery Managers to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across WSPT
• Identify risks and help resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
• Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and that they meet or exceed expectations
• Communicate all key release plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
• Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
• Participate in Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
• Weekly Release Reporting
• Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
• Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
• Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
• Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
• Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
• Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
• General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office expert level knowledge of Excel.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management and/or Agile development experience
• Experience with Agile and Test Management tools – HP Quality Center, Rally, JIRA
About you: You will need to demonstrate strategic agility and strong analytical and problem solving skills. You are assertive and proactive. Thanks to your flexible and open approach you ensure a...
Position Description: POSITION PURPOSE The General Manager II guarantees the overall success of a highly complex, 500,000 - 1.5 + million square foot distribution center environment to ensure it...
The Dispatch Clerk position will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of the operation. 2nd Shift A high school diploma or GED equivalent A minimum of 1 (one) year of experience in...
Junior Dynamics CRM Developer - Newtown Square, PA Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 7th July 2019 Location: Newtown Square Contact Name: Amreen Qaiyum Salary: 90K Reference: AQ70219NFI There is an...
Interested in Pathology? We have a great opportunity for a Pathology Assistant in our Pathology department in Somerset, NJ. Covance’s work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has an...
Req ID: 56339 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s...
About you: You will need to demonstrate strategic agility and strong analytical and problem...
Position Description: POSITION PURPOSE The General Manager II guarantees the overall success of...
The Dispatch Clerk position will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of the...
Junior Dynamics CRM Developer - Newtown Square, PA Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 7th July...
Interested in Pathology? We have a great opportunity for a Pathology Assistant in our Pathology...
Req ID: 56339 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is...