SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work® by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent survey, our associates said that their work has special meaning and is not “just a job”. We currently have a full time opening for a Removal Technician at Houston Service Center in Houston, TX. This is the opportunity to be part of the Dignity Memorial® provider network and grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services business. For us, there is no greater responsibility than celebrating each life like no other and making a difference in the lives of people we serve.
Responsible for the care, removal and transport of human remains in accordance with all state, local and company policies and procedures.
- Performs removals of deceased from hospital, nursing home or residence to transport to Personal Care Center, mortuary or funeral home.
- May perform removals from prep rooms or embalming facilities as well.
- Maintains and ensures removal vehicle is clean inside and out and is properly maintained.
- Maintains adequate supply of Personal Protective Equipment in removal vehicles
Performs duties with strict adherence to Edification Policies and Procedures
- High School or GED equivalent
- Minimum of six (6) months’ work experience
- Valid Driver’s License with a Clean Driving Record
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Professional appearance required
- Ability to follow instructions given over the phone or in person
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others
- Ability to work with kindness and compassion for the deceased and their families
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain composure in challenging situations
- Must be able to work on a rotating on call schedule
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com .
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Kelly® is currently seeking several Bilingual Customer Care Representatives (Work from Home) for one of our top clients in Houston, TX Pay Rate:$17/ hour Schedule: Monday - Friday 7a-7p CSR will...
Southwest Animal Clinic in the inner loop (near the Medical Center/West U) of Houston, TX, is a fast-paced hospital and seeking an Associate Veterinarian for our practice that strives to provide...
Shades of Texas Jon Mathews 2618 Genoa Red Bluff Houston, TX 77034 Phone: 713-562-4488 Email: email@example.com Web site:...
Req ID: 94821 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking...
Corrugated Sales Representative - Houston, TX 4342-Houston 8440 Tewantin Houston, Texas, 77061 United States The opportunity: The Corrugated Sales Representative for Food and Beverage will solicit...
Senior Civil Project Manager (ID# 45577) Houston, TX Category: Engineering Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 15+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be involved in projects...
Kelly® is currently seeking several Bilingual Customer Care Representatives (Work from Home) for...
Southwest Animal Clinic in the inner loop (near the Medical Center/West U) of Houston, TX, is a...
Shades of Texas Jon Mathews 2618 Genoa Red Bluff Houston, TX 77034 Phone: 713-562-4488 Email:...
Req ID: 94821 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Corrugated Sales Representative - Houston, TX 4342-Houston 8440 Tewantin Houston, Texas,...
Senior Civil Project Manager (ID# 45577) Houston, TX Category: Engineering Job Type: Full...