What are we made of? Some would say the very best healthcare professionals. Others would say our excellence and ability to create new treatments and technologies. And while that's all true, we are more. We are made of a belief that care should never be delivered without compassion. That treating patients is our job but treating people is our difference. At Einstein, we are more than medicine. That's what we're made of.
Are you ready to join the team that's more than medicine?
Einstein Healthcare Network is seeking an experienced nurse to work in a per diem capacity in the Pre-Admission Testing (PAT) department supporting our Anesthesiologists and surgical patients. The PAT nurses play a critical role assessing and educating patients prior to their surgery, which provides the underpinning for a safe and pleasant hospital experience. The ideal candidate will have experience working in Cardiology, Emergency Medicine, or another PAT department for at least 3 years. In addition to strong clinical competencies, solid organizational and patient service skills are required. The position requires that the nurse be able to work at any of the urban or suburban campuses.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Participating in the pre-operative preparation for patients undergoing surgery
- Coordinating patient information with nursing, anesthesia, lab and physician offices
- Communicating pre-operative information to patients
- This position requires providing service to the toddler through geriatric age populations in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served
- The responsibilities are performed primarily at one location, but the associate may be required to occasionally work at an alternate site
If you possess the following qualifications, please apply immediately:
- Registered Nurse, licensed in Pennsylvania from a bachelor's program required
- Recent phlebotomy and EKG experience required
- Experience in the pre-operative setting and/or administrative nursing preferred as is experience with electronic medical records
- Physical Requirements: Alternating activity, which includes sitting, standing, walking, bending and lifting objects of 20lbs. or less. Capable of entering information on a hand-held computer
- Visual Requirements: Alternating activity, which includes reading handwritten and computer-generated information on paper and on a computer. Capable of viewing information on a hand-held computer
- Hearing Requirements: Alternating activity, which includes receiving face-to-face and telephonic information
- Working Conditions: Alternating environment, which includes clinical and business settings. Office based, sits to document most of the day, uses keyboard and observes computer screen 5 - 6 hrs/day
Einstein Medical Center Elkins Park is a 60 bed general acute care hospital located on a 30 acre suburban campus in Montgomery County. We are committed to providing the community with prompt, personalized and high quality healthcare in a friendly, comfortable environment. Einstein Healthcare Network promotes wellness. Research has shown that smoking is dangerous to the health of smokers and to others. Einstein campuses are Tobacco and Smoke Free.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Computer skills- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be highly experienced in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint. Physical Demands- The physical demands described here are...
Associate Veterinarian for Privately Owned hybrid/specialty practice, Mount Laurel Animal Hospital, 7 daysMount Laurel Animal Hospital is currently seeking a motivated and talented, full-time general practice veterinarian to join our dedicated team! Our privately-owned hospital located in beautiful...
Formulation Chemist Permanent/Salaried Bonus Eligible Audubon PA Summary We are seeking an experienced Formulation Chemist who is responsible for the development of new agrochemical formulations...
Description Xylem |ˈzīləm| 1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots; 2) a leading global water technology company. We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating...
Benefits Customer Service Representative in Mt. Laurel, NJ Position Overview: Provide customer service support for client pension and/or health and welfare plans using web-based systems for...
Kelly Services is seeking Benefits Customer Service Representatives for a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company in Mount Laurel, NJ. Job Title: Benefit Customer Service...
Computer skills- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be highly experienced in...
Associate Veterinarian for Privately Owned hybrid/specialty practice, Mount Laurel Animal Hospital, 7 daysMount Laurel Animal Hospital is currently seeking a motivated and talented, full-time general...
Formulation Chemist Permanent/Salaried Bonus Eligible Audubon PA Summary We are seeking an...
Description Xylem |ˈzīləm| 1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots; 2) a...
Benefits Customer Service Representative in Mt. Laurel, NJ Position Overview: Provide customer...
Kelly Services is seeking Benefits Customer Service Representatives for a leading global...