The Staff Nurse (SN) II is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame. The SN II provides care to patients via the therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environment and instrumentation, and other health care team members.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status; also nutrition, pain, patient/family education, family involvement and patient advocacy.
- Formulates a goal-directed plan of care that is prioritized and based on determined nursing diagnosis and patient outcomes.
- Implements care in a thorough, skillful, consistent, and continuous manner.
- Establishes priorities or patient care based on essential patient needs and available unit resources of time, personnel, equipment, and supplies.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care given by health care team members.
- Identifies patient/family learning needs and implements appropriate measures.
- Documents patient care and unit activities in a timely, accurate, and concise manner.
- Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family rights, age specific needs, cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as identified within the institution.
- Performs efficiently in emergency patient care situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge base and actions in the care of a designated patient population.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and Department of Nursing personnel.
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
- Participates in unit and Department Performance Improvement activities as directed.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties of health care team members.
- Utilizes effective communication methods and skills, following lines of authority, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with patients, families, and all members of the health care team.
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families. Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Provides data for staffing decisions and demonstrates flexibility in the resolution of staffing issues; demonstrates flexibility when floating to other units upon requests.
- Ability to navigate in a windows environment, utilizing a mouse and the ability to learn electronic medical record system application.
- Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Participates in nursing research activities as requested.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- This job motivates and provides work direction (direct, check, review, assign, organize and coordination) to LVN-s, Nurse Attendants, unit assistants, etc., but does not have the authority to hire, fire or discipline.
- Minimum of 6 months experience. See job duties for specific experience requirements for specialty units.
- LABOR & DELIVERY - One year recent experience (within the last 3 years) in L&D with completion of AWHONN L&D course preferred. NRP certification is required. Current ACLS certification may be required in some units. Successful completion of advanced fetal monitoring course preferred within the last 2 years. Successful completion of a Fetal Monitoring Interpretation Competency within the first three months of hire may be required. May be expected to cross train to at least 1 other Maternal Child Health/Family Centered Care area with appropriate certifications. Must complete circulating and recovery competencies as required. Willingness to scrub may be required.
- SPECIALITY AREAS - If no qualified candidate, may be willing to train in the specialty areas listed below. Candidates in training are required to obtain appropriate certifications within 6 months of hire or transfer into unit.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program and completion of the current hours required by the BRN of RN student clinical experience or Graduate of registered nursing and either 1) 2000 hours of RN experience in clinical area of specialty from a licensed acute care facility within three (3) years of graduation; or 2) graduate of an accredited licensed vocational nursing program that includes clinical student experience in acute care and has worked 2000 hours as an licensed vocational nurse within the clinical area of specialty within three (3) years before graduation or currently enrolled in an accredited entry level MSN program and has completed pre-licensure requirements to practice nursing.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in California.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for health care providers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the RN scope of practice.
- Demonstrated commitment to service orientation (members, staff, providers).
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills (in English).
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
Associate DVM In Sunny Northern California $20k Sign On Bonus, Sunrise Boulevard Animal Hospital, 15 daysVeterinarian - Full-time We are seeking an experienced associate veterinarian to join our fantastic, collaborative doctor team. Sunrise Boulevard Animal Hospital is a fast-paced 3 doctor hospital...
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow for over 130 years as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience...
Ref#: 36120 CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive Job Type: Full-Time Staff Job Location: El Dorado Hills, CA, US About Us: CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and...
Ref#: 36084 CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive Job Type: Full-Time Staff Job Location: El Dorado Hills, CA, US About Us: CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and...
Bike and Ski Shop Technical Specialist - Roseville Galleria Apply Share Posted Date: Jan- 2-2020 Job ID: 16715 Job Function: Retail Operations City: Roseville State: California Store: Roseville...
Retail Sales - Action Sports Specialist - Roseville Galleria Apply Share Posted Date: Jan- 2-2020 Job ID: 16714 Job Function: Retail Sales City: Roseville State: California Store: Roseville...
Associate DVM In Sunny Northern California $20k Sign On Bonus, Sunrise Boulevard Animal Hospital, 15 daysVeterinarian - Full-time We are seeking an experienced associate veterinarian to join our...
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to...
Ref#: 36120 CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive Job Type: Full-Time Staff Job Location: El Dorado...
Ref#: 36084 CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive Job Type: Full-Time Staff Job Location: El Dorado...
Bike and Ski Shop Technical Specialist - Roseville Galleria Apply Share Posted Date: Jan-...
Retail Sales - Action Sports Specialist - Roseville Galleria Apply Share Posted Date: Jan-...