New graduate nurses are enrolled in a medical center evidence-based residency program. The program is designed to meet individualized orientation needs of the new graduate registered nurse who desires to work in an acute care hospital setting. Under general guidance of a trained preceptor new graduate nurses will collaborate with other members of the health care team, learn to use clinical judgment skills to diagnose and treat human responses to actual or potential health problems. New graduate nurses will assume responsibility for assessing, planning, directing, providing and evaluation nursing care for patients and coordinating nurses care activities with other health care disciplines prior to completion of the clinical portion of the residency program.
- Assessment: standard of performance: Performs accurate multi-system assessments, including; biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, education needs and discharge planning needs. Identifies deviations from normal on routine lab diagnostic tests. Reassesses patient throughout hospitalization. Performs complete discharge assessment.
- Planning: standard of performance: Develops an individual nursing plan of care. Nursing plan of care is sensitive to the developmental needs of the patient. Coordinates patient care activities and discharge planning with other hospital and clinic departments and community agencies. Develops patient teaching plan and documents on care plan or teaching plan. Appropriately delegates patient care activities based on patient's condition and scope of practice of other health care providers. Established priories for patient care. Classifies acuity level of assigned patients.
- Implementation: standard of performance: Initiates appropriate measures based on protocol for the management of the medical and/or surgical patient. Bases nursing care on protocol in place for management of each patient. Correctly carries out the physician's plan of care. Accurately documents in the EMR. Documents care according to policy and procedure. Utilizes a multidisciplinary approach when appropriate. Performs all necessary procedures correctly. Utilizes available teaching plans in addressing patient teaching needs. Accurately calculates and administers medications. Initiates appropriate measures in emergency situations.
- Evaluation: standard of performance: Evaluates assessment methods, plan of care, and patient's response to treatment. Participates in unit quality assurance activities.
- Graduate of any age or background of an accredited nursing program.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current Oregon or Washington RN license in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required upon hire/transfer.
- Successful completion of the selection process which will include but not limited to a behavioral interview, passing the pre-selection clinical and customer service assessment and at least a successful or higher rating on the most current performance evaluation from a current job position.
- Computer keyboarding skills.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or related field.
School Nurse - District Office The start date for this position is 8/20/2019 for the 2019-2020 school year. Overview of Position: School nursing is a specialized practice of professional nursing...
Analyst – Health Care Services (HCS) Audit and Compliance Job Number: 221437 Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Category : Health Plan/Insurance Nursing Location : Oregon-Beaverton Providence...
The role of the Physician – without Hospital Call is to provide direct patient care in accordance with training, experience and licensure. He/she will participate as a member of the medical team...
Occupational Therapist - .6 FTE - District Office This position is set to start of 8/20/2019 for the 2019-2020 school year. Position Description: Occupational therapists lead the process in...
Occupational Therapist - District Office The start date for this position is 8/20/2019 for the 2019-2020 school year. Position Description: Occupational therapists lead the process in development,...
Senior Manager, Solutions Engineering Center - (1900984) Description This is an opportunity to manage a Solutions Engineering design center. The individual will manage a team of hardware...
School Nurse - District Office The start date for this position is 8/20/2019 for the 2019-2020...
Analyst – Health Care Services (HCS) Audit and Compliance Job...
The role of the Physician – without Hospital Call is to provide direct patient care in...
Occupational Therapist - .6 FTE - District Office This position is set to start of 8/20/2019 for...
Occupational Therapist - District Office The start date for this position is 8/20/2019 for the...
Senior Manager, Solutions Engineering Center - (1900984) Description This is an opportunity to...