The Omni Charlotte Hotel envelopes you in comfort with a touch of genuine North Carolina hospitality. Centrally located in the heart of Charlotte’s financial district, the AAA four-diamond hotel is the perfect destination for convenience to area businesses or to explore countless attractions. Linked to 12 city blocks via sky bridge, the Omni Charlotte Hotel is moments away from the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, Discovery Place, the Charlotte Convention Center, and the EpiCentre entertainment district.
Omni Charlotte’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Charlotte Hotel may be your perfect match.
The Rooms Intern is to provide a warm welcome to all guests staying in the Hotel, ensuring all needs are met, anticipated whenever possible, and building and fostering relationships with new and repeat guests. Guest Service Representatives are expected to respond to all guests' requests expediently, assisting with dining, activity, and event reservations, additionally answering all inquiries accurately. Guest Service Representatives are expected to provide a prompt and efficient check-in and check-out experience, charge all guests appropriately, accommodate room-change requests expediently, and provide the most positive experience possible. You will also be able to complete basic housekeeping functions to include; cleaning rooms, inspecting rooms or performing basic cleaning in public areas.
- Process guest check-ins and check-outs according to Omni’s Moments of Service and Standard Operating
- Empathetically listen to guest inquiries and provide appropriate responses
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest checking in according to their preferences (room type, payment, etc)
- Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets
- Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests,
- Maintain confidentiality of all guests and hotel information
- Employ attention to detail in order to ensure security of guest room access.
- Understand and execute all Omni accounting standards ensuring accurate settlement of folios, routing of
charges and adjustments
- Accommodate room changes expediently
- Document all guest requests, complaints or problems immediately and notify designated department/personnel for resolving the situation. Follow up to ensure completion and guest satisfaction
- Generate, print and distribute daily and weekly reports
- Resolve discrepancies on the room status report with Housekeeping
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of all hotel features/services, hours of operation, room types,
numbers, layout, decor, appointments and locations, room rates, special packages and promotions
- Responds to all guest requests appropriately and remains alert, courteous, and helpful to guests and fellow
associates at all times
- Keep work cart orderly and properly stocked at all times
- Checks all equipment prior to and after its use to ensure that it is in good working order and if necessary
completes required engineering report as needed
- Thorough cleanliness and sanitation of guest rooms (including bathrooms, balconies, and room furnishings)
- Practice safety standards at all times including constant awareness of safety hazards (for example, broken
glass, frayed electrical chords, leaks, broken locks, and suspicious persons) and report to the appropriate
- Follow all training procedures set forth by OSHA requirements
- Follow all Loss Prevention procedures regarding guest property; absolute respect for guest property should always be exercised
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills
- Must have strong communication, computer and organizational skills
- Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance
- Prior guest service experience required, preferably in hotels.
- Must be able to move, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 40 pounds without assistance. When performing bell or housekeeping duties will need to push/pull up to 100 lbs. Stand, walk or sit for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Requires repetitive motion, including utilizing telephone/computer for an extended period or for an entire shift. Exposure to indoor and outdoor environments and cleaning/various chemicals.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Candidates must live within 100 miles of hotel property.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement . If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Job Description: The Learning Analyst acts as a support partner to the learning Regulatory Learning Consultant teams and helps ensure evolving learning needs are met and outcomes are achieved. The...
UX Designer Charlotte, NC, United States Job number: 19074422 Back to job search results Apply Now for this job > Job Description: Experience Designer Create experiences that delight clients and...
We currently have a full time opening for a Dispatcher at Charlotte Care Center in Charlotte, NC. This is the opportunity to be part of the Dignity Memorial® provider network and grow your career...
Program Manager Charlotte, NC, United States Job number: 19074398 Back to job search results Apply Now for this job > Job Description: Responsibilities: Facilitate strategic planning...
Req ID: 67733 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s...
Req ID: 67728 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s...
Job Description: The Learning Analyst acts as a support partner to the learning Regulatory...
UX Designer Charlotte, NC, United States Job number: 19074422 Back to job search results Apply...
We currently have a full time opening for a Dispatcher at Charlotte Care Center in Charlotte,...
Program Manager Charlotte, NC, United States Job number: 19074398 Back to job search...
Req ID: 67733 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is...
Req ID: 67728 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is...