Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
Daktronics delivers innovative LED video, messaging and scoreboard solutions for more than 40 years. We partner with customers to deliver integrated audio visual solutions, backed by the industry's most experienced and qualified service team. From hometown retailers to major league stadiums to international shopping centers, we light the world one LED display at a time. No other manufacturer offers such a complete line of electronic scoreboards, electronic message centers and numeric digit displays available in nearly any size and configuration. It is our passion to continuously provide the highest quality standard display products as well as custom-designed and integrated systems.
The On-Premise sales representative is responsible for increasing orders and market share for Daktronics throughout Indiana. You will be responsible for all aspects of the health and growth of all reseller accounts in your coverage area. You may be asked to lead projects outside of the market segment, if determined you are the best salesperson to lead an opportunity. As a field sales representative for Daktronics you will always be looking for new opportunities to promote Daktronics and our numerous product offerings.
Preferred location Northeast Indianapolis metro area such as Carmel, Fishers or Westfield.
- Manage all quotes and orders in the coverage area for the On-Premise segment.
- Actively pursue all electronic display projects in Indiana geography. Assist team to secure the order or pull together the appropriate resources to secure the order.
- Develop and successfully execute a plan for selling Daktronics products/services at acceptable profit margin. Will call on sign companies and promote Daktronics products/services via in person meetings, webinars, phone, e-mail, website.
- Develop an ongoing and sustainable relationship with resellers, sign companies, subcontractors and service providers to promote Daktronics products and services.
- Will perform effective demos for resellers and/or end-user.
- Will look for opportunities to promote Daktronics name/products to end user(s), architects, consultants, ad agencies, sign designers, and contractors.
- Will assist having Daktronics products qualified or specified in proposal requests, purchasing cooperatives or consultant recommendations.
- Call on Daktronics customers within region, sell additional products/services and inquire about new leads, opportunities or referrals. Will develop an effective routine travel plan to visit all accounts in geography.
- Help in developing winning proposals/sales propositions of major accounts.
- Proactively follow up on new leads and customers. Promptly follow up on marketing campaign or trade show leads. Qualify leads to determine project viability.
- Will conduct demonstration of Daktronics products at site visits, trade shows and meetings.
- Will develop an effective sales activity pipeline of sufficient cold calls, referrals, lead qualification, sustainable relationships, acceptable order volume and product replacement opportunities. On a daily basis will update and reference CRM system to enhance communication and leverage information to successfully meet market objectives.
- Will develop an in depth understanding of Daktronics products capabilities, features, functions and operation to best meet the customer’s needs. Key product knowledge will include electronic message centers, numeric digit displays and Venus control systems. Continuously learn about Daktronics products by participating in internal product and sales training, and reviewing sales literature.
- Become knowledgeable and follow Daktronics policies, processes and procedures. Work effectively as a team member. Work with limited daily supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, marketing, technical area or similar.
- Prefer experience with direct sales or at least one year of Daktronics experience. Previous selling, technical sales or other experience working with sign companies preferred.
- Reasonable knowledge of Daktronics product line, demonstrated ability to learn technical product quickly or technical aptitude.
- Communication skills including good verbal and written skills, ability to develop and present winning presentations of Daktronics products and services and negotiate contracts favorable to Daktronics. Fluent in English, written and verbal.
- Negotiation Skills:
- Experience selling product values and features. Must demonstrate ability to successfully negotiate price without being the lowest price supplier.
- Understand basics of proposal & sales agreement language to negotiate/finalize agreements in conjunction with Daktronics Legal Group.
- Motivated and a team player. Initiative to solve problems and seek improvement. Goal oriented with proven leadership capability.
- Work schedule may include evenings and weekends for presentations, trade shows and meetings.
- Ability to travel by air and ground. Valid driver's license and good driving record. Motor vehicle records will be checked. Travel is about 10% of time with average of 2-3 days per trip.
- Successful candidate must either reside or be willing to reside within the geography. Preferred location Northeast Indianapolis metro area such as Carmel, Fishers or Westfield.
- Prefer ability to work from a home office setup when not travelling.
- Physically able to connect demo trailer to vehicle.
- Computer skills to best utilize Sales Force (CRM), Microsoft Office, web navigation and internal electronic systems.
- Effectively exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew or extend immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or citizenship status. If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Developer- 125K Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 8/08/2019 Location: Carmel, IN Contact Name: Amreen Qaiyum Salary: $125K Reference:AQ80819NFI The Client is looking for a...
Field Sales Req ID: 7706 Location: Indianapolis, IN Department/Division: Sales and Marketing Description Together, we are creating a dynamic products and services company, dedicated to supporting...
Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 29th July 2019 Location: Carmel, Indiana Contact Name: Amreen Qaiyum Salary: 120K-125K Reference: AQ72919NFI There is an opening for a great new opportunity as a...
Posted On: 07/30/2019 Market Sales Leader req11935 Employment Type: Regular Location: INDIANAPOLIS,IN Have you ever enjoyed Arnold® , Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin...
Location: Atlanta - Georgia - USA, Austin - Texas - USA, Boston - Massachusetts - USA, Chicago - Illinois - USA, Indianapolis - Indiana - USA, Lowell - Massachusetts - USA, San Francisco -...
Dynamics CRM Developer - Carmel, IN - $130K Nationally recognized, reputable, fast pace, and growing personal health company is in search for a Senior Microsoft Dynamics CRM developer to join...
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Developer- 125K Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 8/08/2019 Location:...
Field Sales Req ID: 7706 Location: Indianapolis, IN Department/Division: Sales and...
Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 29th July 2019 Location: Carmel, Indiana Contact Name: Amreen...
Posted On: 07/30/2019 Market Sales Leader req11935 Employment Type: Regular Location:...
Location: Atlanta - Georgia - USA, Austin - Texas - USA, Boston - Massachusetts - USA, Chicago -...
Dynamics CRM Developer - Carmel, IN - $130K Nationally recognized, reputable, fast pace, and...