***THIS IS A 0.5 FTE PART-TIME SCHOOL NURSE POSITION
The SCHOOL NURSE provides skilled nursing care and management of the special needs of students as well as medication administration. Immunization surveillance and routine health screenings are conducted annually. Routine emergency care is provided for students and staff. If necessary, students are referred to their primary health care provider for an evaluation. For students with complex medical needs, the school nurse may act as a liaison for the school, home and outside medical facilities. As an education team member, the nurse interprets medical data and provides a health plan for student?s individual education plans (I.E.P.). The school nurse promotes student wellness and assists in maintaining a healthy school environment.
CORE COMPETENCIES: Using the Rubric of Specialized Support Instructional Personnel (SISP), the Office of Human Capital has identified priority skills and abilities that all BPS SISP should demonstrate.
(II-A-1 Quality of Effort and Work, II-D-2 High Expectations, I B-2 Adjustments to Practice)
- Sets ambitious learning goals for all students, uses instructional and clinical practices that reflect high expectations for students and student work; engages all students in learning.
- Consistently defines high expectations for student learning goals and behavior.
- Assesses student learning regularly using a variety of assessments to measure growth, and understanding.
- Effectively analyzes data from assessments, draws conclusions, and shares them appropriately.
(I-A-1 Professional Knowledge, I-A-2 Child Adolescent Development, I-A-3 Plan Development)
- Exhibits strong knowledge of child development and how students learn and behave, and designs effective and rigorous plans for support with measurable outcomes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of students’ developmental levels by providing differentiated learning experiences and support that enable all students to progress toward intended outcomes.
(II-A-3 Meeting Diverse Needs, II-A-2. Student Engagement, II-B-1. Safe Learning Environment, II-B-2 Collaborative Learning Environment, I-D-3 Access to Knowledge)
- Builds a productive learning environment where every student participates and is valued as part of the class community.
- Uses instructional and clinical practices that are likely to challenge, motivate and engage all students and facilitate active participation.
- Consistently adapts instruction, services, plans and assessments to make curriculum/ supports accessible to all students.
(II-C-1. Respects Differences, II-C-2. Maintains Respectful Environment)
- Actively creates and maintains an environment in which students’ diverse backgrounds, identities, strengths, and challenges are respected.
(III-A-1. Parent/Family Engagement, III-B-2. Collaboration)
- Engages with families and builds collaborative, respectful relationships with them in service of student learning.
- Consistently provides parents with clear expectations for student learning behavior and/or wellness and shares strategies to promote learning and development at school and home.
(IV-A-1. Reflective Practice, IV-C-1. Professional Collaboration, IV-C-2. Consultation)
- Regularly reflects on practice, seeks and responds to feedback, and demonstrates self-awareness and commitment to continuous learning and development.
- Consistently collaborates with colleagues through shared planning and/or informal conversation to analyze student performance and development, and to plan appropriate interventions at the classroom or school level.
- Regularly provides advice and expertise to general education teachers and the school community to support the creation of appropriate and effective academic, behavioral, and social/emotional learning experiences for students.
QUALIFICATIONS - REQUIRED:
QUALIFICATIONS - PREFERRED:
Terms: BTU, Group I
Please refer to www.bostonpublicschools.org/ohc (under "Employee Benefits and Policies") for more information on salary and compensation. Salaries are listed by Unions and Grade/Step.
The start and end times of BPS schools vary, as do the lengths of the school day. Some BPS schools have a longer school day through the "Schedule A" Expanded Learning Time (ELT) agreement. To learn more about ELT at BPS and whether or not this school is a "Schedule A" ELT school, check here: https://www.bostonpublicschools.org/Page/6571. To see the bell schedule for every BPS school, go to: https://www.bostonpublicschools.org/Page/7017. Please note, these times may be subject to change prior to the start of the SY20-21 school year.
The Boston Public Schools, in accordance with its nondiscrimination policies, does not discriminate in its programs, facilities, or employment or educational opportunities on the basis of race, color, age, criminal record (inquiries only), disability, homelessness, sex/gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics or military status, and does not tolerate any form of retaliation, or bias-based intimidation, threat or harassment that demeans individuals’ dignity or interferes with their ability to learn or work.
Reports to: Principal and Coordinator of Nursing Services Qualifications: - RN with a valid Massachusetts (DESE) nursing license required. - Bachelor's Degree (BSN) in nursing required. -...
At the Florida Ruffin Ridley School, we are constantly striving to deliver the highest quality instruction for our students and maintain a community that values and honors each individual that...
BROOKLINE HIGH SCHOOL SEEKING A HIGH SCHOOL MATH TEACHER Job Description: The Public Schools of Brookline seeks a High School Math Teacher to work at Brookline High School. This is a full-time...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS BARBIERI ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TITLE: School Nurse (Multi-handicapped sub-separate classroom) POSITION SUMMARY: To provide direct support to students by assisting them to...
Second Grade Teacher at Eliot School starting August 31, 2020 Long Term Substitute August - May "Eliot fosters a love of learning in a community where everyone matters!" John Eliot is a K-5...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS FULLER MIDDLE SCHOOL TITLE: Special Education Aide 2020-2021 School Year POSITION SUMMARY: To assist student(s) with special needs under the direction of a certified...
Reports to: Principal and Coordinator of Nursing Services Qualifications: - RN with a valid...
At the Florida Ruffin Ridley School, we are constantly striving to deliver the highest quality...
BROOKLINE HIGH SCHOOL SEEKING A HIGH SCHOOL MATH TEACHER Job Description: The Public Schools of...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS BARBIERI ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TITLE: School Nurse (Multi-handicapped...
Second Grade Teacher at Eliot School starting August 31, 2020 Long Term Substitute August -...
FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS FULLER MIDDLE SCHOOL TITLE: Special Education Aide 2020-2021 School...