School Security Officer
Westminster Community Charter School
24 Westminster Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14215
Certified - Area - Other
Job Number 3300019880
Open Date 07/03/2019
Please make sure to complete an application at http://www.wnyric.org/application for this job posting.
Position: Security Officer
General Job Description: To maintain the security and safety of student body, faculty and staff. Patrol campus and maintain security of buildings and grounds.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide a safe secure environment for students, staff and guests on campus
- Active during arrival and dismissal
- Active member of the safety committee and assists/contributes to school safety plan
- Establish and maintain good rapport with students, staff and community members
- Helps to create and maintain a working relationship with the local police and fire and rescue departments
- Assist in development and implementation of action plans to provide safe environment and immediate response to imminent threats of violence, criminal incidents, emergency medical incidents, auto accidents and others
- Regulate student’s behavior on campus, in cafeterias, restrooms, parking lots and other open areas
- Assist with controlling classroom disturbances or acts of defiance. Request assistance from school administration and/or police when necessary
- Investigate, review, and report to school administration and local, state and federal law enforcement agencies, as appropriate, on accidents, incidents and violations of law
- Patrol and confront unauthorized persons for questioning and checking for passes and identification cards as needed
- Assist law enforcement officers as directed by school administration
- Direct traffic and parking on campus; check vehicles for proper parking authorization; determine if vehicles are parked in restricted areas
- Follow school policies and administrative rules and regulations
- Maintain proper paperwork/reports to ensure all complaints filed with law enforcement have been signed off by the principal or their designated representative
- Ensure doors/gates are locked and opened at designated times determined by principal
- Supervise and patrol assigned school activities
- Observe and report violations of safety and health codes
- Demonstrate problem solving and responsible decision making skills
- Perform other tasks as may be deemed appropriate by the school administration
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and project professional appearance as it relates to job performance
- Patrol and set up for after school events as assigned
- Support emergency drills and evacuations as assigned by principal
- Monitor security surveillance equipment to protect facilities and assets
- Submit work orders as needed
- Available for evening and Saturday events
- High school diploma or GED required
- Hold and maintain a NYS security certificate
- Minimum of 2 years private security or public police experience preferred including knowledge of school and local laws (including search and seizure)
- Demonstrated knowledge of security procedures
- Valid driver’s license
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable
- Sitting for long periods of time, standing and/or walking for long periods of time, lifting and carrying (up to 50 pounds), reaching, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, moving light furniture and/or equipment, walking several hours per day in hallways and outside. Must be able to work in heat and cold (outside seasonal temperatures).
Safety and Health Requirements:
- Knowledge of universal hygiene precautions
- Knowledge of basic first aid and CPI training
- Work may be performed outside in seasonal temperatures as well as inside of buildings. Work is performed during both daylight and night hours. Flexibility and patience are required. May have to work with ropes, chains, locks, pylons, and gates that need to be moved or carried to secure areas. Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignments without direct supervision. Must be able to work under stressful conditions.
- No firearms will be authorized or carried at any time in the performance of these duties.
Terms of Employment:
- Salary and work year to be established by the Westminster School Board.
Additional Job Information
Security Officer Certificate
- must be attached for consideration.
Back Login and Apply
Independently determines and utilizes the most appropriate trade methods, practices, tools and materials for each task. Independently plans and completes projects which involve constructing,...
<< Back to Search Results Process Engineer Req. ID: 73931 Office Location: NA-US-NY-Buffalo Job Shift: Job Type: Employee Description The Role: Process Engineer Implement, develop, and optimize...
<< Back to Search Results Equipment Engineer Req. ID: 73901 Office Location: NA-US-NY-Buffalo Job Shift: Job Type: Employee Description The Role The Tesla Solar Roof Team is currently seeking an...
Employee will be assigned to Niagara Falls ARS in Niagara Falls, NY and may be required to support other TDY deployments to various locations as required. Oversees and coordinates the work effort...
This assignment is located at Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station in Niagara Falls, NY. Employee may also support TDY deployments to various locations as required in support of Predator-series UAS...
<< Back to Search Results Equipment Maintenance Technician Req. ID: 73768 Office Location: NA-US-NY-Buffalo Job Shift: Graveyard Job Type: Employee Description The Role Tesla is currently seeking...
Independently determines and utilizes the most appropriate trade methods, practices, tools and...
<< Back to Search Results Process Engineer Req. ID: 73931 Office Location: NA-US-NY-Buffalo Job...
<< Back to Search Results Equipment Engineer Req. ID: 73901 Office...
Employee will be assigned to Niagara Falls ARS in Niagara Falls, NY and may be required to...
This assignment is located at Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station in Niagara Falls, NY. Employee...
<< Back to Search Results Equipment Maintenance Technician Req. ID: 73768 Office...