At ICON, it's our people that set us apart.
As a global provider of drug development solutions, our work is serious business. But that doesn't mean you can't have fun while you do it. With our vision to be the partner of choice in drug development, we hire only the best and brightest in the industry. Are you one of them?
This person may be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day activities of the analytical laboratory including responsibility for performing assays on biological samples from pre-clinical and clinical trials for pharmaceutical and biotechnology projects or performing assays on characterization of APls and raw materials. Responsible for ensuring that all analytical data reported are reliable.
- Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which centers around our commitment to People, Clients and Performance
- As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
- Must make and document scientific observations and identify and solve problems in experimental designs independently
- Keeps manager and Project Leaders informed of study status, technical problems and other issues which impact the laboratory
- Independently interprets data to solve practical problems and isolate variables in situations where troubleshooting problematic assays or unanticipated failures is required and proposes next steps including implementation of effective CAPA.
- Advises and supports more junior scientists and the laboratory managers and project leaders when deviations or factors at may affect quality, accuracy and usefulness of the data occurs.
- The desire and ability to document results of test samples that include performing statistical analyses, identifying repeats or next trier analysis needs based on SOPs and other guiding documents.
- Document all work and results accurately, completely and in compliance with GXP regulations and SOPs.
- Plans daily, weekly and monthly activities based on goals and timelines established by supervisor for scheduled projects
- Work in compliance with Study Plans and validation plans.
- Generate high quality analytical results.
- Designs, directs and participates in equipment (and software) validations/calibration/maintenance as necessary
- Participates in internal seminars and poster sessions, and local and regional scientific meetings in own field as necessary to continue professional development and to distribute such knowledge to colleagues
- Assist in training new staff members in performance of routine lab tasks, methods and instruments
- Develops and mentors less experience lab members - encourages growth and provides regular performance feedback to staff and management
- Responsible for participating in the design, execution and review of the on-boarding and training process
What you need
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently on routine analysis.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point).
- Ability to undertake tasks with minimal supervision.
- Good organizational skills and record keeping ability.
- Strong attention to detail
- Minimum 3 years lab based biotechnology/biology/chemistry/biochemistry experience
- Bachelor's degree in scientific discipline or local equivalent is preferred
Why join us?
Ongoing development is vital to us, and as a Scientist ll you will have the opportunity to progress your career, with the potential to move into other related areas to enhance your skill set. Our benefits package is competitive, our scope is international and we genuinely care about our people and their success.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
EOE race/color/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/vet/national origin