Are you a Senior Agronomist who wants to join a growing company that currently has 3 farm locations and is continuing to acquire additional farms? If you can answer "yes" to this question, you should consider this opportunity.
Our client is a potato and grain operation focused on continuously improving the quality and quantity of its products that are delivered to its customers. Our client is a family farm for over 60 years that incorporates state-of-the art processes and technology with a modern fleet of equipment and the latest management practices.
Our client is currently looking for a Senior Agronomist to join its management team. This individual will be a key contributor responsible for independently undertaking the agronomic direction that will help steer the Company's. future. Our client currently grows 2000 acres of potatoes and 3200 acres of commercial corn. The goal is to increase the Company's long term yield and quality levels in three different crops; chipping potatoes, russet potatoes, and commercial corn. The Senior Agronomist will be responsible for developing a comprehensive program that consists of managing seasonal staff to collect data, developing an agronomic system that will achieve short term and long term goals, managing multiply projects in multiply locations, and providing coordination to production managers at all three current locations.
Essential Job Functions
- · Evaluate and troubleshoot current agronomic system for both corn and potatoes
- · Conduct research through test plots to systematically improve our production system
- · Develop seed and soil fertility programs and monitor the effectiveness of the programs throughout growing season
- · Coordinate with production managers on the timing of production cycles
- · Manage quality control for crops during harvest and throughout storage process
- · Annual year end analysis of production cycle
- · Crop inspection and documentation
- · Oversight of grid soil sampling and disease prevention programs
- · Degree in Agronomy or related discipline
- · 5 plus years agronomy experience with field experience, potato experience preferred
- · Strong knowledge in the principles of agronomy including soil fertility, plant nutrition, crop production, plant physiology and biochemistry
Our client will offer relocation assistance.
Lake Area Veterinary Group, PLLC, located in Sturgis, Michigan, is seeking a part-time or full-time small animal associate veterinarian. We have a very busy practice with a wide variety of...
Lake Area Veterinary Group, PLLC, located in Sturgis, Michigan, is seeking a part-time or...