Senior Contract Specialist
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
This role may be located in PATH’s Seattle, Washington DC, or Nairobi offices.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The Office of Grants and Contracts (OGC), in partnership with program and operational support services, is looking for a Senior Contracts Specialist to join our global team. Key responsibilities include mitigating risk for the organization and providing subject matter expertise on donor compliance, subaward management, and PATH policies to maintain PATH's reputation, credibility and track record as the leading innovative nonprofit in the global health sector. The OGC team includes staff based in Seattle, WA, Washington, DC and Nairobi, Kenya.
The Sr. Contracts Specialist position will be developing and leading relationships with USAID and government contracts, and serve as the resource for the USAID funded Acquisitions which include the Innovation in Malaria Vaccine Development and the anticipated Global Supply Chain Program (GSCP). The position entails working collaboratively with the Program teams to define statements of work or deliverables, including preparation of all required documentation and management of the entire subcontract process, from inception to close-out.
- Primary point of contact for Acquisition Contract; specifically, USAID Innovations in Malaria Vaccine Development project and other anticipated contract awards.
- Draft solicitation language and ensuring solicitations meet USAID Office of Acquisition and Assistance.
- Participate in contract administration sufficient to ensure contract terms and conditions are met and that PATH delivers the required deliverables in a timely manner.
- Assure PATH compliance with the cost accounting standards and other applicable federal laws and regulations.
- Help develop guidelines to ensure the organization’s internal and external contract documents are accurate and well maintained.
- Identify, recommend, and oversee implementation of PATH project teams’ efforts towards creation of strong systems by providing expert advice on the applicability of US Government rules and regulations; in particular Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), USAID Acquisition Regulations (AIDAR), 2 CFR 200 Subpart E Cost Principles and 2 CFR 200 Subpart F Audit and 22 CFR 228
- Review new/amendments to awards, including RFAs/proposals/project narratives and other supporting documentation for the USAID Acquisitions.
- Understand and apply federal compliance rules, regulations and standards associated with FAR, AIDAR, 2 CFR 200 and 2 CFR 700.
- Research and documentation of applicable federal policies; advise on allowability of project costs and interpretation of contract terms and conditions.
- Support audit process and taking action to resolve findings contained in audit reports, such as cost items questioned or unresolved.
- Provide guidance to Project Administrators on terms and conditions of the Acquisition, including any restrictions. Develop necessary tools to make this data available electronically.
Subaward Management (Subcontracts/Grants Under Contracts)
- Work closely with OGC Director, Finance, and Legal Affairs Division to develop, draft, and maintain for PATH a current complement of needed standard form agreement templates in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations including FAR, AIDAR, 2 CFR 200, 22 CFR 228 and PATH’s policy and standards.
- Work closely with the Program Administrator and Legal contact where necessary to draft new subcontracts and amendments.
- Assure compliance with federal regulations and donors; propose alternative language for Subcontractors, as appropriate.
- Liaise with the Procurement, if necessary, when issues arise during procurement approval for Subcontracts, and conduct cost and price analysis.
- Provide guidance to Project Administrators on the status of existing Subcontracts/Subagreements, and related policies and procedures.
Partnership Development (Business Development)
- Review the certifications, assurances, and other statements for PATH and from subcontractors.
- Collaborate with the business development team in reviewing the USG RFP and RFA
- Provide regularly scheduled updates to OGC Director.
- Coordinate, review and ensure timely uploading of CPARs.
- Follow up to ensure proper submission of all contract term requirements/reports.
- Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, Master's degree preferred.
- Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C) preferred.
- Five years supervisory experience required in USAID or INGO’s.
- At least 10 years relevant experience including prior experience at the Senior Acquisition Specialist or Contracting Officer level in an INGO supporting complex and large USG funded programs, which includes working with subcontractors.
- Demonstrate solid knowledge and understanding of the FAR, AIDAR, 2 CFR 200, 22 CFR 228
- Demonstrated ability to apply and implement Federal Contracting systems, regulations, contract terms and conditions, and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to draft supporting subcontracts including IDIQ, Cost Reimbursement, Fixed Price in compliance with FAR, AIDAR, 2 CFR, 22 CFR 228.
- Demonstrated contracting experience with USAID Contracts and Cooperative Agreements.
- Ability to perform tasks independently with little or no direction provided.
- Demonstrated ability to work remotely in a collaborative team environment.
- Outstanding communication skills including interpersonal communications, problem solving, strong writing skills and fluency in English.
- Excellent organizational, planning, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Advanced Knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, Business World, Salesforce, and other Microsoft Office products highly desirable.
- Must have legal work authorization in the country where the role is located.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page .
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com email address.
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Job Location
- Nairobi, Seattle, or Washington DC, United States
- Company Location
- Nairobi, Kenya or United States, Seattle or Washington, DC
- Position Type
Who do you know at
LinkedIn Facebook Twitter Email AddThis
Return To Job Listings
Deputy Project Director, Rural Water Research, (Washington DC, Ethiopia, Ghana), Mercy Corps, 29 daysDescription This position is contingent on funding. About Mercy Corps Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship,...
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization,...
Req ID: 124537 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
HOK’s interior design teams create holistic solutions for places that reflect who organizations are and what they aspire to be. We use space, color, materials and light as tools to create healthy,...
Req ID: 124413 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
VIRTUAL Summer School/ESY - SPECIAL EDUCATION SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST, Arlington Public Schools, 17 daysJOB STATUS: OPEN POSTING DATE: 04/05/2021 CLOSING DATE: 06/26/2021 POSTING NUMBER: SS21-ESYT20V LOCATION: Multiple Locations POSITION TITLE: VIRTUAL Summer School/ESY - SPECIAL...
Deputy Project Director, Rural Water Research, (Washington DC, Ethiopia, Ghana), Mercy Corps, 29 daysDescription This position is contingent on funding. About Mercy Corps Mercy Corps is a leading...
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to...
Req ID: 124537 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
HOK’s interior design teams create holistic solutions for places that reflect who organizations...
Req ID: 124413 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
VIRTUAL Summer School/ESY - SPECIAL EDUCATION SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST, Arlington Public Schools, 17 daysJOB STATUS: OPEN POSTING DATE: 04/05/2021 CLOSING DATE: 06/26/2021 POSTING NUMBER: ...