Senior Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Starbucks Technology - Seattle, WA (
: US-WA-Seattle-Starbucks Support Center
Starbucks - Application Development
This is your opportunity to work for a startup within a robust, established organization! Do you have an interest in greenfield development and want to be part of a team that creates digital solutions benefiting employees at scale? Be part of building THE Digital Platform that will serve as the foundation and the center piece of the Starbucks Global Retail Employee experience. We are looking for talented engineers (test) to join us and make a meaningful impact on our culture and people
The new system would guide our partners in :
- Enable digital transformation for our store partners
- Obtaining real time business analytics providing actionable insights
- Personalized content delivery
- Enable partner to partner communication and messaging
- Integrate with feeds from multitude of devices (IOT enabled) and provide action items
- Ability to execute light weight enterprise capabilities as services
We are looking for talented engineers to join us and make a meaningful impact on Starbucks partners.
- Create and update test frameworks for automated test testing application supporting multi-platform / browser access
- Support building unit test and test frame works for adoption by Engineering team
- Support holistic testing support for software releases, including integration, system and support automating test scenarios
- Assist development team in adopting Test Driven Development approach
- Coach junior developers on Test automation
- Develop, execute and maintain test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test scripts
- Document and evaluate test results and defects, track and manage defects and work with Development team and business to troubleshoot issues
- Track and report on established QA metrics and KPIs for assigned projects
- Provide input on go / no-go decisions for production releases
- Support Quality Assurance (QA) activities related to complex applications and system implementation projects
- Work with teams to implement and adopt applicable testing practices and expectations
- Assist Business and Development teams by communicating applicable testing practices and expectations
- Demonstrate customer focus
- Proven experience in a dynamic, Agile/Lean environment
- Coach and mentor team members
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Curiosity to learn and improve
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals including: data structures, algorithms, OO design and patterns
- Demonstrated ability to foster effective collaboration across multiple technical teams and business stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Act in accordance with Starbucks guiding Principle
- B.S Degree in Computer Science, a related technical or scientific field, or equivalent experience
- Hands on testing experience on testing application that are accessed across various platform (Mobile, Tablet and computers)
- 5+ years of experience testing NodeJS services (or equivalent JS framework) hosted on cloud
- 5+ years of experience testing WebApplication (ReactJS / Angular or equivalent JS Frameworks)
- Hands on experience creating and executing test cases and reporting results
- Hands on experience of industry testing tools (Detox, Chai, Appium, Calabash, Selenium/WebDriver, Cucumber and other equivalent)
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL operations, such as viewing and joining data
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Self-Starter, proactive, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical analysis skills
- Experience in integration projects
- Expert in designing and implementing scalable,distributed, performant and secure systems
- Significant experience in Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Kaizen)
- Execute in a CI/CD and DevOps environment
Starbucks is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals; including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, and regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
EO/AA Employer including Vets and Disabled Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered in accordance with legal requirements. Job Description Summary The Software...
Software Development Engineer in Test Description Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. continuously strives to remain at the forefront of...
Areas of Responsibility + Test Planning; * Includes test plan creation, * Gathering test requirements; and * Risk assessment. + Test Preparation; Includes managing multiple sets of test data . +...
Test Administrator - Seattle, WA - (1812642) Description Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and...
Senior Web Developer-FC0065959 Description • Responsible for implementing software solutions that support the software and system architectures associated with aviation applications. • Design,...
Product Manager/Strategy 4-ProdDev-18000XH5 Preferred Qualifications We’re looking for an experienced senior product manager to join our team. As a key member of the product management team, you...
EO/AA Employer including Vets and Disabled Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction...
Software Development Engineer in Test Description Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz...
Areas of Responsibility + Test Planning; * Includes test plan creation, * Gathering test...
Test Administrator - Seattle, WA - (1812642) Description Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the...
Senior Web Developer-FC0065959 Description • Responsible for implementing software solutions...
Product Manager/Strategy 4-ProdDev-18000XH5 Preferred Qualifications We’re looking for an...