About Man Group
Man Group is a global active investment management firm, which runs $114.4bn* of client capital in liquid and private markets, managed by investment specialists based around the world. Headquartered in London, the firm has 15 international offices and operates across multiple jurisdictions. Our business has five specialist investment engines, which represent the range of our capabilities: Man AHL, Man Numeric, Man GLG, Man FRM and Man GPM.
These engines house numerous investment teams, working collaboratively within the framework of Man Group, with a high degree of investment autonomy. Each team benefits from the strength and resources of the firm's single operating platform, enabling their primary focus to be seeking to generate alpha for clients. The teams invest across a diverse range of strategies and asset classes with highly specialised approaches, with long only and alternative strategies run on a discretionary and quantitative basis in single and multi-manager formats. Our clients are at the heart of everything we do and we engage in close dialogue with our investors as strategic partners, to understand their particular needs and constraints. Man Group's investment teams are empowered and supported by our institutional infrastructure and technology, which aims to facilitate the efficient exposure to markets and effective collaboration across the organisation.
Through the Man Charitable Trust, Man Group is committed to promoting literacy and numeracy on a global scale, and to supporting charitable causes more broadly.
Man Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker EMG.LN and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. Further information can be found at www.man.com
For more information about Man Group's commitment to diversity and inclusion, please visit www.man.com/diversity
*As at 30 June 2019. All investment management and advisory services are offered through the investment "engines" of Man AHL, Man Numeric, Man GLG, Man FRM and Man Global Private Markets (GPM).
Purpose of the role
The Senior Marketing Manager role is a position within the firm's Global Communications and Marketing team, working across the firm's marketing and brand activity with a focus on the Americas. A successful candidate will have extensive marketing experience in financial services and will be expected to play a key role in the firm's marketing activity globally, including digital channels.
This role will work closely with the wider global Communications & Marketing team and a broad range of stakeholders, including sales, investment engines, portfolio managers, compliance, business head and senior management. A technical understanding of the financial services industry is essential.
- Contribute to the firm-wide marketing strategy and activity globally with a focus on the Americas
- Implement regional marketing strategies and related branding projects
- Continual monitoring of marketing trends, ideas and strategies (particularly for peers in the financial services industry); sharing new ideas with the broader marketing team
- Ensure sales priorities are addressed and delivered efficiently and on time; maintain and improve team awareness of these priorities
- Responsible for reviewing firm-wide content with select sign off responsibilities and quality control
- Work closely with relevant sales teams on events including key themes, materials and branding
- Manage external advisers/agencies regarding corporate and product related marketing activities when necessary
- Focus on the development of globally consistent, inspiring and creative solutions
- Help ensure the firm's digital profile is reflective of the brand strategy, in close coordination with communications
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate compliance approval processes and developing strong working relationships with the compliance team
- Close coordination with CPMs and engine investment marketing teams to ensure adherence to brand and support development of new materials
- Work closely with the Head of Content to explore various formats/delivery channels for content; share and discuss feedback and statistics to help inform this approach
- Support and develop junior members of the team to ensure strong delivery of marketing objectives
- 10+ years marketing experience within financial services
- Strong understanding of sales requirements
- Experience with working across a range of distribution platforms, including traditional, digital and social media
- Practised in developing and managing paid campaign activities
- Excellent investment/financial product knowledge, with a keen interest in investment products and financial markets
- A demonstrable track record of delivering successful marketing strategies and leading projects through complete lifecycles
- Experience leading global marketing plans and getting the most out of a diverse and internationally based team with a mix of competencies and backgrounds
- Equipped to tailor marketing requirements to different geographies, understanding of regional nuances
- Digital marketing, video production and content development experience
- Extensive experience working with graphic designers and visual identity development, including work on infographics and data visualisation
- Excellent writing and communication skills and strong numeracy
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise assignments, based on a broad understanding of the business requirements
Diversity, Work-Life Balance and Benefits at Man Group
Man Group is proud to provide the best working environment possible for all of its employees, and we are committed to equality of opportunity. At Man Group we believe that a diverse workforce is a critical factor in the success of our business, and this is embedded in our culture and values. We run a number of external and internal initiatives, partnerships and programmes that help us to attract and develop talent from diverse backgrounds and encourage diversity and inclusion across our firm and industry. https://www.man.com/diversity . Man Group is also a Signatory of the Women in Finance Charter.
Man Group also supports many charities, and global initiatives. We support professional training and development, and requests for flexible or part-time working. Employees are also offered two 'Mankind' days of paid leave per year as part of the Man Charitable Trust's community volunteering programme.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-09. At the GS-07 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more...
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the...