|Senior Paralegal - RMI|
|3000 Atrium Way|
|TD Bank AMCB|
|Legal Services | Counsel|
|Legal Services | Counsel|
| About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank® |
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com .
| The Senior Paralegal provides a wide range of high level paralegal support and general paralegal services to practice teams or individual attorneys in the Legal Department, generally within a particular legal or business area of specialty.|
The job resolves, under supervision of counsel, routine legal issues and researches and analyzes law sources such as statutes, judicial decisions, legal articles and codes to prepare legal documents. Under supervision of counsel, the Senior Paralegal drafts contracts, leases, affidavits, certificates, and complex corporate and regulatory documents and filings. The Senior Paralegal supervises assigned staff and performs functions in support of legal department goals and
| · May supervise administrative and paralegal staff, assigning responsibilities, prioritizing and monitoring work and evaluating|
· Provides leadership, coaching, counseling and guidance to staff; assigns tasks and responsibilities.
· Trains new staff members and other related departments in policies, practices and procedures relevant to assigned practice
team, or counsel's practice including incorporating procedures for new products, laws and regulations, coordinating with
corporate training and other personnel as needed.
· Assists in the management of expenditures with outside counsel.
· Coordinates gathering of information from various departments in the preparation of contracts, litigation documents,
applications, filings and other legal documents.
· Assists external counsel in securing information, witnesses, documents required from the Company.
· Prepares draft regulatory applications and responsible for maintenance of corporate records, and corporate filings, preparation of corporate votes and certificates and drafting of documents.
· Drafts resolutions, contracts, pleadings and other legal documents and instruments, including Employee contracts,
shareholder agreements, stock-option plans, Employee benefit plans and etc.
· Maintains regulatory filings related to activities.
· Supervises permanent storage activities and processes in corporate record center.
· Coordinates regulatory application planning, production, and delivery.
· Interacts with corporate subsidiaries regarding variety of legal matters.
· Prepares and reviews, under supervision of counsel, draft legal pleadings and motions to be filed with the court, prepares and
obtains affidavits and assists external attorneys in coordinating witnesses and production of evidence for hearings.
· Researches appropriate laws, judicial decisions, legal activities and other materials that are relevant to assigned cases.
· Deals directly with clients to assist in providing appropriate documentation.
· Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
· Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
| · Bachelor’s degree or progressive work experience in addition to experience below|
· 8+ Years of related experience
· Supervisory experience desirable.
· Experience in legal department or law firm related to area of practice preferred.
· Proficient knowledge of legal concepts, terminology, principles and procedures and/or legal document drafting within a
generally defines subject area.
· Wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and meet quick deadlines in a deadline driven environment.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to effectively interact with entire range of Company personnel from Directors, to Executive Management, to front line
staff across the footprint.
· Demonstrates professional conduct and presence, exercising tact, diplomacy and discretion in sensitive matters.
· Strong organizational and legal research skills.
· PC skills, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Access.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
The Corporate Paralegal will assist the Legal Service’s department by providing legal support to the Company. The Corporate Paralegal shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the...
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop...
Our client is building a fleet of offshore modular desal plants that harness proven state of the art technologies to desalinate water at sea in an environmentally-sound fashion using subsea...
Functional Area: LG - Legal, Regulatory & Gov't Affairs Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel Relocation Provided: No VARIABLE ANNUITY LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY INC Picture yourself building a...
Requisition 13396 Location: Centennial, CO Centennial , Colorado 80112 , United States (US) The Proposal Manager Support plans, directs and coordinates activities of designated ATS program...
Job Description: Business Overview Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and...
The Corporate Paralegal will assist the Legal Service’s department by providing legal support to...
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We...
Our client is building a fleet of offshore modular desal plants that harness proven state of the...
Functional Area: LG - Legal, Regulatory & Gov't Affairs Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No...
Requisition 13396 Location: Centennial, CO Centennial , Colorado 80112 , United States (US) The...
Job Description: Business Overview Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of...