Senior Program Assistant, Center for Vaccine Innovation and Access
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in the position and how you meet the qualifications.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Senior Program Assistant (SPA) who will provide administrative support to a portfolio of projects in the Center for Vaccine Innovation and Access (CVIA) division. The SPA will be a team member on projects in CVIA, including vaccine introduction and development projects, and cross-program activities within CVIA, as assigned. Additionally, the SPA will provide administrative and operational support to the CVIA Quality Functional Area.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s Center for Vaccine Innovation and Access brings together our expertise across every stage of the long and complex process of vaccine research, development, and delivery to make lifesaving vaccines widely available to children and communities across the world. CVIA’s current portfolio encompasses more than two dozen vaccines either in development or already in use to protect against 17 different diseases. Our focus is on vaccines to address the leading diseases that claim children’s lives worldwide: pneumonia, diarrheal disease, and malaria; as well as other global health priorities, such as polio, meningitis and COVID. We work in partnership with national health ministries, pharmaceutical manufacturers, donors, international financing and regulatory organizations, and many others. PATH has led numerous global partnerships, including the award-winning Meningitis Vaccine Project and the Malaria Vaccine Initiative, which helped develop the first malaria vaccine candidate recommended for pilot implementation.
- Provide administrative and technical support for CVIA projects and Quality Unit Head using project management tools, methods, and practices.
- Assist CVIA project teams and Quality Unit with correspondence containing complex and confidential communications to internal and external contacts. Where appropriate, draft responses or triage queries or issues to other team members for response. Ensure timely flow of information and materials and administer knowledge management.
- Provide administrative support in the proofreading, formatting, and document management of proposals, reports, work plans, and other documents. Create review timelines for key documents with multiple collaborators. Compile reference lists for manuscripts and other externally facing documents.
- Organize and collate project information to support development of project reports to funders and facilitate report submission according to funder requirements.
- Coordinate and manage travel arrangements for team members and consultants.
- Assist team Finance Representative with administrative tasks as requested.
- Assist with completion of administrative forms as required, including travel forms, check requests, meal conference forms, etc.
- Manage scheduling and planning of meetings, including compiling and organizing relevant background materials, assist with drafting and distributing agendas and minutes, and monitoring follow-up activities such as decisions, action items and other tasks as requested.
- Ensure that logistics for meetings, workshops, and other events are arranged. This includes preparing meeting materials, arranging web conferences using appropriate platforms, making catering arrangements, making room reservations, maintaining participant lists, and assisting with guest arrangements.
- Ensure that communication and information systems, including SharePoint, BOX, Smartsheet, and any other electronic and paper filing systems, are in place and are regularly maintained. Serve as the primary point of contact to assist team members with filing and locating key project documents.
- Support the project manager in driving the project team to maintain project deadlines.
- Support team members with in using various software programs. Liaise with Information Technology department to resolve hardware and software problems.
- Serve as member of the CVIA’s administrative team to ensure smooth coordination of team schedule and project activities among the different offices. Provide back up for other CVIA Program Assistants.
- Required Experience
- A bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of two years of directly related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Education or experience in the life sciences and experience with science-related terminology and concepts; immunology/vaccines preferred.
- Proficiency in the application of Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on proficiency in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Experience with Smartsheet or other project management software preferred.
- Proficiency in online collaboration tools such as SharePoint or Box.
- Proven ability to learn and help others use new software. Proven success drafting, proofreading, and editing documents.
- Extremely detail-oriented, with the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Proven success in drafting and editing documents; proofreading abilities a plus. Extremely detail-oriented and with attention to building efficient systems to support project teams.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proven success in working in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Proven effectiveness in prioritizing competing demands, maintaining confidentiality, and in adapting easily and quickly to changing priorities.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Job Location
- Seattle, WA or Washington, DC, United States
- Company Location
- United States, Seattle or Washington, DC
- Position Type
Who do you know at
LinkedIn Facebook Twitter Email AddThis
Return To Job Listings
Req ID: 125419 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
Sr. Electrical Engineer (ID# 48176) Federal Way, WA Category: Electrical Engineering Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 7+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be involved in...
Sr. Electrical Engineer (ID# 48177) Seattle, WA Category: Electrical Engineering Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 7+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be involved in...
Mechanical Engineer (ID# 48487) Seattle, WA Category: Mechanical Engineering Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 3-5 yrs Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description At kW Mission...
Accounting Manager · Critical Thinking · Deductive Reasoning · Number Facility · Complex Problem Solving · Managing Ambiguity · Flexibility · Managing Multiple Priorities and Deadlines DIRECTOR OF...
Electrical Engineer (ID# 48486) Seattle, WA Category: Electrical Engineering Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 3-5 yrs Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description At kW Mission...
Req ID: 125419 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Sr. Electrical Engineer (ID# 48176) Federal Way, WA Category: Electrical Engineering Job...
Sr. Electrical Engineer (ID# 48177) Seattle, WA Category: Electrical Engineering Job Type: Full...
Mechanical Engineer (ID# 48487) Seattle, WA Category: Mechanical Engineering Job Type: Full...
Accounting Manager · Critical Thinking · Deductive Reasoning · Number Facility · Complex Problem...
Electrical Engineer (ID# 48486) Seattle, WA Category: Electrical Engineering Job Type: Full...