The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard QA.
The Overwatch QA Team is looking for ambitious Senior Test Analyst to join our ranks. Our immediate opportunities will focus on some mix of engine, server, and new feature development, while we continue to strengthen our support of hero development and world building requests. The ideal candidate is a staunch advocate for quality who feels at home on a collocated test environment. As a close-knit team with a focus on iteration through collaboration, we are looking for top-notch communicators who will add to and help evolve the culture of our team.Responsibilities
- Utilize advanced testing methodologies to deliver test design, test execution, test library maintanence, and test closure strategies
- Analyze & monitor the software development processes and methods used to ensure quality
- Ensure requirements and risks are continually either mitigated or accepted throughout the SDLC
- Enhance live operations and deployment stability, across both internal and production environments
- Research, recommend and adopt tools as needed with the goal of increasing test coverage through automation
- Propose and influence new measures and KPIs to validate and report on software quality
- Coach others as they develop appropriate knowledge and skills through training, constructive feedback, and mentorship
- Approach software development from a Grey-box perspective; utilizing established developer toolsets to build custom test scenarios
- Represent Blizzard through public-facing quality assurance activities
- Responsible for adhering to department SLAs within project management (i.e. JIRA) and test related tools (i.e. TestRail)
- Advocate of the user experience through delivery of qualitative reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (or ~3 years of equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in software testing
- Experience in writing, executing and monitoring test suites using a variety of technologies including, but not limited to, Cucumber, Concordion, Selenium, Fit/FitNesse, SoapUI, Unity, Unreal, as well as other proprietary game development toolsets
- Be an expert in one or more software testing methodologies
- Practical knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, & SQLServer
- ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level (CTAL) or equivalent
- Proven ability to analyze, interpret, and action on data sets and complex workflows
- Experience with game engines, content and asset editors, and shared technologies
- Passion for games and software quality
- White box testing experience
- ISTQB Certified Tester Expert Level (CTEL) or equivalent
- High-level of gaming knowledge and/or skill
- Passion for Blizzard’s line of products and services
AECOM/Shimmick Construction is looking to hire an (Electrical) Estimator V to work in our Irvine, CA office. Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, while having access to...
Job Description Quality Control Inspector primary job is to inspect completed garments and ensuring that they are meeting the required quality standard. Job Requirements Reviews detail...
Correctional Officer ( Job Number: BEA00081) Correctional Security Lee Adjustment Center KY-Beattyville Urgent Need Education Level -High School Diploma/GED Description At CoreCivic, we do more...
Chief of Security ( Job Number: BEA00088) Facility Executive Management Lee Adjustment Center KY-Beattyville Accepting Applications Education Level -Bachelor's Degree Description The Chief of...
AECOM/Shimmick Construction is looking to hire an (Electrical) Estimator V to work in our...
Job Description Quality Control Inspector primary job is to inspect completed garments and...
Correctional Officer ( Job Number: BEA00081) Correctional Security Lee Adjustment...
Chief of Security ( Job Number: BEA00088) Facility Executive Management Lee Adjustment...