Bachelor's degree in a related specialized area or field or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Top Secret/SCI security clearance is not required at time of hire but is highly desired. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Senior User Experience Designer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions required for high-stakes, national security missions. The selected candidate will be working with collaborative development teams on secure information systems.
Check out who we are and what we do here in Pittsburgh!
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION:
- Research and analysis: work to understand, crisply define, and successfully communicate the cognitive aspects of a system user’s challenges
- Perspective: understand the interplay of domain, environment, and systems aspects of the user’s challenges
- Formalization: translate those challenges into Human Centered Design-derived user requirements
- Representation: represent the user’s needs, balanced by system engineering considerations, during stakeholder discussions
- Production: create user research artifacts (personas, stakeholder maps, decision and information-seeking goals, Concept of Operations roadmaps, domain workflows, etc.) to further critical thinking and communication both internally and externally
- Facilitation: host brainstorming and/or design sessions both internally and externally with customers
- Experience with Lean or Agile development processes, or equivalent fast-paced, delivery-focused environment
- Experience solving workflow, data, and user interaction issues with system engineers and architects
- Experience creating responsive designs, including
- An understanding of UX standards and consistency approaches for user migration across platforms
- Knowledge of user research for web and mobile device interaction: physical and interface design
- A collection of established go-to resources for UI/UX standards and best practices (for multiple form factors) as well as the maturity to question the standards or identify when new direction is needed
- A record of rapid evaluation and testing of multiple UI concepts both internally and with users
- Experience beyond the design stage of product development: understanding the engineering implications of implementation choices and compromises
- History working with multi-discipline teams from diverse backgrounds
- Portfolio examples including representative artifacts and processes followed
PREFERRED DEGREE AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in a related specialized area or field or equivalent, plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated, and technically proficient big data software engineer to help architect and build large-scale data processing and analytics services. We develop...
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining...
Lead Architect (ID# 43223) Pittsburgh, PA Category: Architectural & Building Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 7+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be involved in...
SCIO Health Analytics, an EXL Company is seeking an Infratructure Engineer for our Pittsburgh, PA location. Great opportunity to join a fast growing Heathcare Analytics Company with huge growth...
Position Description: POSITION PURPOSE District Execution Managers (DEMs) are responsible for overseeing the successful implementation and execution of all Merchandising Services activities within...
Associate/Senior Associate, Business Development Tracking Code SRASSCBUSDEVCSPA1019-LE Job Description As part of the Wilshire family you can rest assured that every day you are contributing to an...
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated, and technically proficient big data software...
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our...
Lead Architect (ID# 43223) Pittsburgh, PA Category: Architectural & Building Job Type: Full...
SCIO Health Analytics, an EXL Company is seeking an Infratructure Engineer for our Pittsburgh,...
Position Description: POSITION PURPOSE District Execution Managers (DEMs) are responsible for...
Associate/Senior Associate, Business Development Tracking Code SRASSCBUSDEVCSPA1019-LE Job...