Are you customer service oriented?
Are you passionate about your success and the success of those around you?
Are you looking to grow a great career?
If you’ve answered yes to the above, then this may be the position for you!
As a Shipment Management Coordinator, you will be responsible for customer service, tracking & tracing, and execution of freight. This includes close oversight of all internal customer activities that impact service obligations (i.e. - last minute customer requests, resolution of delayed pickup/delivery, problem solving, etc.). This entry-level position is a great gateway for a career in the Transportation Industry.
• Work directly with carriers to ensure on schedule pickup, deliveries, and appointments
• Proactively identify issues on specific loads by researching and striving to resolve service issues
• Complete all administrative tasks to ensure 100% customer satisfaction
• Ability to handle high volumes of inbound and outbound communication in both written and verbal mediums
• Identify continuous improvement opportunities to streamline processes, reduce cost, and drive increased systemic solutions.
• Demonstrate the ability to perform in a deadline-driven environment with rapidly changing priorities.
• Cross-training across account functions, as well as maintaining metrics and account specific goals.
• As client support is provided by Ryder 24x7, the Coordinator may also be required to support the client after-hours such as nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Do not miss the opportunity to be part of a fortune 500 industry-leader with over 80 years of experience. Our culture fosters growth and opportunity from within and has been a leader in logistics solutions in the industry for nearly 40 years helping the world’s top companies to improve speed to market and reduce cost.
Night Shift: Sat-Tues
- High school diploma/equivalent or 1 year work experience or accredited internship/cooperative experience required
- Intermediate level skills with MS Excel such as freezing/unfreezing panes, hiding/un-hiding data, setting print titles & page breaks, linking workbooks, creating external links, re-directing links, customizing toolbars & menus, protecting a worksheet, filtering options, and chart formatting options
- Intermediate level skills with MS Word such as including styles, mail merge, tabs, tables, columns and breaks, graphics, fields, headers and footers, working with margins, page orientation, and spelling/grammar
- 1 year experience working with customers or carriers preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation, Logistics, or Business Administration preferred
- Candidate must possess excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and have a strong professional presence
- Knowledge and understanding of the basic requirements for freight movement (truckload, LTL, air, small parcel) is required
- Experience using analytical and judgment skills to solve problems
- Heavy customer/carrier interaction and communication daily via phone and/or email
- Provide carrier compliance, root cause analysis, and EDI problem resolution
- Provide decision support for exception management during after hours via page as needed Facilitate non-typical or specialized customer requests
- Route and tender shipments using enabling technologies and business processes to insure maximum value to customers and Ryder, as required
- Provide assistance to new hires in training and on-going operational activities
- Utilize methods and procedures to achieve process compliance and organization goals
- Support and maintain standard customer and operational reporting
- Provide feedback and recommendations to drive continuous improvement at account and operational level
- Maintain high level of customer service to both internal and external customers
- Provide data interpretation and cleansing as required
- Provide support for customer Track & Trace/POD inquiries
- Resolve and track customer complaints and issues
- Enter shipment/load information from customers into SMS operating systems as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Management
- Monitor loads for exception and manage exceptions to closure
- Work cross-functionally between departments (customer service, planning and execution) Training of carriers/customers on use of Ryder web tools
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Posted On: 10/15/2019 Inventory Control Coordinator req13030 Employment Type: Regular Location: FORT WORTH,TX Have you ever enjoyed Arnold® , Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English...
Position Description: POSITION PURPOSE The General Manager guarantees the overall success of a less than 100,000 square foot distribution center environment to ensure it is a productive, safe and...
Date Posted: 2019-08-16-07:00 Country: United States of America Location: HTX33: Euless, TX (RAD) 1441 Airport Freeway, Suite 200 , Euless, TX, 76040 USA Collins Aerospace is a leader in...
Description The Customer Service Advocate receives and processes material orders directly from customers via telephone, internet, or fax in a timely and accurate manner. May also receive order...
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 65 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines,...
SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work® by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent survey, our associates said that their work has special meaning and is not “just a job”. We currently...
Posted On: 10/15/2019 Inventory Control Coordinator req13030 Employment Type: Regular Location:...
Position Description: POSITION PURPOSE The General Manager guarantees the overall success of a...
Date Posted: 2019-08-16-07:00 Country: United States of America Location: HTX33: Euless, TX...
Description The Customer Service Advocate receives and processes material orders directly from...
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses...
SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work® by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent...