Responsibilities for the Shipment Management Coordinator involve working in a very dynamic environment resolving customer/carrier issues as well as handling shipment exceptions such as updates and expedites in a timely manner.
The Coordinator will also be responsible for identifying areas for continual improvement to streamline processes and reduce costs, as well as drive increased systemic solutions. Other responsibilities include cross-training at the account and functional area level, as well as maintaining metrics and tracking exceptions.
As client support is provided by Ryder 24x7, the Coordinator may also be required to support the client after-hours such as nights, weekends, and/or holidays via cell phone rotation and remote equipment or via in-office tools and phones.
Candidates fluent in French are strongly encouraged to apply.
- High school diploma/equivalent or 1 year work experience or accredited internship/cooperative experience required
- Intermediate level skills with MS Excel such as freezing/unfreezing panes, hiding/un-hiding data, setting print titles & page breaks, linking workbooks, creating external links, re-directing links, customizing toolbars & menus, protecting a worksheet, filtering options, and chart formatting options
- Intermediate level skills with MS Word such as including styles, mail merge, tabs, tables, columns and breaks, graphics, fields, headers and footers, working with margins, page orientation, and spelling/grammar
- 1 year experience working with customers or carriers preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation, Logistics, or Business Administration preferred
- Candidate must possess excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and have a strong professional presence
- Knowledge and understanding of the basic requirements for freight movement (truckload, LTL, air, small parcel) is required
- Experience using analytical and judgment skills to solve problems
- Heavy customer/carrier interaction and communication daily via phone and/or email
- Provide carrier compliance, root cause analysis, and EDI problem resolution
- Provide decision support for exception management during after hours via page as needed Facilitate non-typical or specialized customer requests
- Route and tender shipments using enabling technologies and business processes to insure maximum value to customers and Ryder, as required
- Provide assistance to new hires in training and on-going operational activities
- Utilize methods and procedures to achieve process compliance and organization goals
- Support and maintain standard customer and operational reporting
- Provide feedback and recommendations to drive continuous improvement at account and operational level
- Maintain high level of customer service to both internal and external customers
- Provide data interpretation and cleansing as required
- Provide support for customer Track & Trace/POD inquiries
- Resolve and track customer complaints and issues
- Enter shipment/load information from customers into SMS operating systems as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Management
- Monitor loads for exception and manage exceptions to closure
- Work cross-functionally between departments (customer service, planning and execution) Training of carriers/customers on use of Ryder web tools
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Are you looking for a high-quality, family owned practice where you can learn and grow? Where the work culture is healthy, positive, hard-working, and forward-thinking? We are looking for a full...
Description Picker/Packers' at Victory Packaging located at 31740 Enterprise Drive, Livonia, MI 48150 play a key role in the efficient distribution of our warehouse deliveries and arrivals....
Kelly Services is seeking dedicated individuals for our team of hard-working proud lawn maintenance staff at the Ford Motor company corporate office in Dearborn, MI. If you or someone you know is...
Kelly Services is seeking candidates for temp to hire Assembly Line Workers for a 1st Shift position in Plymouth, MI. This is a rewarding opportunity Manufacturing Convertible Tops for Sports Cars...
Office Associate (Customer Service Associate) Location- Bloomfield Hills Pay- $15.00 an Hour Hours- 8am-5pm Mon- Fri Our Client believes everyone has the right to a well-furnished life. Every day,...
Description The Office Manager for the Detroit Branch located at 31740 Enterprise Drive, Livonia, MI 48150 is responsible for the daily supervision of office personnel. The Office Manager has...
Are you looking for a high-quality, family owned practice where you can learn and grow? Where...
Description Picker/Packers' at Victory Packaging located at 31740 Enterprise Drive, Livonia, MI...
Kelly Services is seeking dedicated individuals for our team of hard-working proud lawn...
Kelly Services is seeking candidates for temp to hire Assembly Line Workers for a 1st Shift...
Office Associate (Customer Service Associate) Location- Bloomfield Hills Pay- $15.00 an...
Description The Office Manager for the Detroit Branch located at 31740 Enterprise Drive,...