Software Developer - (1718272)
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better.
By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Software Developer will participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, working independently and as a part of a small team implementing and maintaining existing moderately complex software products. This position is responsible for coding, testing and debugging new software or making enhancements to existing software.
The Developer manages the full software development lifecycle, which includes testing, implementation and auditing. You will also aid in the creation of technical documents and providing the necessary technical information to support the software. Receives very minimal supervision. Draws on diverse, multi-year experience to propose and/or implement constructive methods and procedures.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain moderately complex software products
- Code, debug and make recommendations on software enhancements
- Participate in requirements gathering, definition and documentation
- Conduct unit and integration testing on software for functionality and limits
- Analyze old and current code for problem resolution
- Develop high-quality code, establishing development standards and practice by example
- Serve as a technical resource and mentor
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Education & Experience:
- Associates Degree/Bachelors of Arts/Bachelors of Science in computer science or a computer related discipline or the equivalent experience in computer software development
- At least 2 years of experience in a software development environment preferred
- Development experience using XSLT, Java and XML
- Experience in QuarkXPress helpful
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Demonstrated programming skills including design, code review, implementation, testing, and debugging
- Solid knowledge/experience of test automation tools, defect-tracking, and/or change management tools
- Some understanding of database concepts, including SQL and DB schemas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to describe challenges and solutions in both technical and layman’s terms
- Great attention to detail, passionate about quality of deliverables, meeting deadlines and client satisfaction
- Effective relationship, time management, and prioritization skills
- Creative problem-solving, strong technical and tactical thinking, demonstrated by ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to learn new products and technical concepts quickly
- Self-motivated and pro-active with strong curiosity and desire for self-development
: US-IA-Iowa City, US-TX-San Antonio
US-IA-Iowa City-2510 North Dodge
2510 North Dodge Street
Iowa City 52245
: Assessments School
: Regular Employee
: Individual Contributor
: Day Job
: Dec 12, 2017
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Senior Software Engineer-180015T5 Preferred Qualifications Why Oracle-NetSuite? Picture yourself building a successful career at Oracle-NetSuite—working alongside other talented, driven...
Software Development Snr Manager-18001535 Preferred Qualifications You will help us take software security to the next level and your advice will be instrumental for defending NetSuite and our...
Principal Software Engineer, Container Engine Team-180017MB Preferred Qualifications Principal Software Engineer, Container Engine Team The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you...
FICO (NYSE: FICO) is a leading global analytics software company, helping businesses in 90+ countries make better decisions. Join our world-class team today and fulfill your career potential! Job...
Senior Software Engineer, Test Automation (1813590) Job Category : Engineering Location : United States-Texas-Austin Position Type: Fulltime Minimum Clearance: Position of Public...
Vylla Is REDEFINING The Home Buying Experience! At Vylla, it is our mission to ensure a wonderful experience for all customers and to achieve our mission of delivering real estate to home buyers...
Senior Software Engineer-180015T5 Preferred Qualifications Why Oracle-NetSuite? Picture yourself...
Software Development Snr Manager-18001535 Preferred Qualifications You will help us take...
Principal Software Engineer, Container Engine Team-180017MB Preferred Qualifications Principal...
FICO (NYSE: FICO) is a leading global analytics software company, helping businesses in 90+...
Senior Software Engineer, Test Automation (1813590) Job Category : Engineering Location : United...
Vylla Is REDEFINING The Home Buying Experience! At Vylla, it is our mission to ensure a...