Seattle, WASHINGTON | 4 months
This position may have expired!
$99,711 Average salary of similar jobs | Check Salary...
Alexa is the cloud based voice service that runs on Amazon devices such as the Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show, Fire Tablets and Fire TV, as well as many other third party hardware devices. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future.
In the Experiences and Devices group, we work on building Alexa features to surprise, delight, and inform our customers about Alexa. We design, build, deploy, operate, and iterate on core Alexa features that are loved by our customers worldwide.
As a Software Development Manager & Applied Science within this organization, you will be working on projects across all Alexa supported devices including voice driven features, multiple mobile applications, and the Amazon.com website. You will be responsible for building and leading a multi-functional team to design, develop, test, and deploy new features and products.
A successful candidate has strong customer obsession, a solid underpinning in software development, the ability to build and manage a team of skilled engineers and scientists, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
The day to day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Hire and develop a high-performing team of SDEs and Applied Scientists. Create the strategic vision for the team.
· Drive innovation to find solutions to problems that have not been solved before.
· Build a roadmap, and manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
· Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach. Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
· Ensure that design and architecture decisions by your team meet goals and vision of platform.
· Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product that will be used every day by people you know. In our team, we’re looking for entrepreneurs who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, thrive on solving tough problems, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history. You will be joining a select group of people making history producing one of the most highly rated products in Amazon's history.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 10+ years of experience designing and developing complex, interactive consumer applications
· 5+ years of experience managing software development teams
· 2+ years of experience in delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
· MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
· Experience with speech and language understanding systems
· A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
· Hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· A track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
· Certified Scrum Master, Agile Certified Practitioner or similar certification
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Requisition Number: 7474 Job Description Cintasis seeking a Fire Service Technician - Sprinkler Systems for our Fire Protection business. Responsibilities include servicing, repairing,...
Requisition Number: 1774 Job Description Cintas is currently seeking a Fire Service Technician - Sprinkler Systems for our Fire Protection business. This position requires the ability to service,...
Contact Center Voice Engineer, Sr.-334274 We are a specialty retailer offering the very best of what’s next in fashion for men, women and children since 1901. THE REWARDS ARE ENDLESS. We are...
Seattle,USA United States Engineering and Sciences Company Overview On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and...
Requisition Number: 7825 Job Description Cintas is seeking a Service Sales Representative - Fire Protection. Responsibilities include servicing, repairing and maintaining the portable fire...
Copywriter- Rack Creative Services - Marketing-333075 We are a specialty retailer offering the very best of what’s next in fashion for men, women and children since 1901. JOIN US WHERE IT ALL...
Requisition Number: 7474 Job Description Cintasis seeking a Fire Service Technician - Sprinkler...
Requisition Number: 1774 Job Description Cintas is currently seeking a Fire Service Technician -...
Contact Center Voice Engineer, Sr.-334274 We are a specialty retailer offering the very best of...
Seattle,USA United States Engineering and Sciences Company Overview On any given day, every...
Requisition Number: 7825 Job Description Cintas is seeking a Service Sales Representative - Fire...
Copywriter- Rack Creative Services - Marketing-333075 We are a specialty retailer offering the...