Billions of transactions—and you’ll touch all of them if you join our IT team as a Software Engineer. Imagine the sheer scale of what we impact every second of every day. Now imagine what you can do with that influence - this is where you can shape the future of payments.
It’s the ideal time to come aboard as a Software Engineer—we’re focused on the future and how that plays a pivotal technical role within Synchrony Financial. The ideal candidate will work on customer-facing web and service platforms using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the latest techniques in cloud computing.
You’re the one we’re looking for if you:
- Are passionate about creating web solutions & platform enhancements that makes things easier for clients?
- Have common sense—can you think through your designs to make sure they’re the best?
- Are you a problem solver, capable of creating innovative solutions?
- Are you ready to be disruptive and interesting in the commerce space?
- Can work with product, marketing and project management as one agile team?
- Have tech chops: Software development skill are a must
- Are ready to own your own career and destiny?
We’ll depend on you to:
- Build new web solutions/platforms and enhancements, working closely with requirements analysts, testers, and the customer in an agile development practice
- Develop functional and technical specifications from business requirements
- Help create project estimates and plans. Represent engineering team in project meetings and solution discussions
- Ensure application quality and adherence to performance requirements
- Responsible for documentation, code reuse, re-factoring and design patterns standards compliance
- Ensure high standards of availability, scalability, and extensibility of internally developed applications
- Work closely with an experienced staff comprising both Synchrony resources and/or 3rd party contractors
- Communicate the status of initiatives to stakeholders and leadership
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies while maintaining proficiency in existing technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field, with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Information Technology OR In lieu of the Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Information
- Minimum 3 years of experience in full stack development using JEE technologies
- Experience developing n-tier web applications including web services
- Application design experience using Design Patterns, UML, component architecture, unit/functional testing, and/ or database design/tuning
- Experience in designing and developing applications using micro-services architecture and cloud based technologies
- Experience in Agile application development methodology
- Strong communication skills with technical and non-technical peers
- Ability to achieve results in a cross-functional matrix organization involving multiple technologies, personnel and Processes
Interested in learning more? You can chat LIVE with a Synchrony recruiter by registering here: https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/synchrony/s/aQnNG/next
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- If currently a Synchrony Financial Employee, you must have been in your current position for at least 6 months (Level 4 – 7) or 24 months (level 8 or greater), have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have the approval of your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR to apply if you don't meet the time-in-job or performance requirement
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
Job Family Group:Information Technology
This is the Role As Product development Scientist Adhesives EMEA you will be the technical project leader to expand and strengthen our product portfolio in a variety of applications such as...
Job Title Sr. Product Quality Engineer Job Description In this role, you have the opportunity to •Support and improve Quality requirement for new project meeting the Quality system and Law, make...
Job Title Software Technologist I Job Description You are responsible for E2E responsibility including requirements definition, design, implementation and documentation of technical...
Job Title Clinical Scientist Neurovascular Job Description In this role, you have the opportunity to Use your clinical and technical knowledge and translate these into concrete applications to...
Job Title Senior Director Development - Digital & Computational Pathology Job Description In this role, you have the opportunity to Formulate and implement the long-term vision/direction/strategy...
Job Title Program / Change Manager ITGS Job Description In this role, you have the opportunity to Provide intuitive, secure, highly available Information Technology with speed to win in the...
This is the Role As Product development Scientist Adhesives EMEA you will be the technical...
Job Title Sr. Product Quality Engineer Job Description In this role, you have the opportunity...
Job Title Software Technologist I Job Description You are responsible for E2E responsibility...
Job Title Clinical Scientist Neurovascular Job Description In this role, you have the...
Job Title Senior Director Development - Digital & Computational Pathology Job Description In...
Job Title Program / Change Manager ITGS Job Description In this role, you have the opportunity...