Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a full-time Sound Designer to bolster our ranks. Our ideal champion must have the desire to wield mighty sonic weaponry in their pursuit of audio perfection. Come join our audio guild and help us to define the future sound of an unannounced project for mobile.
The ideal candidate needs to have extensive experience with sound design and environmental audio for mobile. As a member of the team, you will work directly with the creative lead, game producer, and sound supervisor to align creative vision and goals. One must be comfortable in operating in a professional manner while constantly interfacing with the various game artists, designers and engineers in bringing their characters, creatures, and environments to life. The sound designer engages with music brethren to explore aesthetic opportunities and resolve any possible sonic conflicts. The sound designer also contributes to a game's user interface to give players feedback on their gaming experience. The ideal candidate is also able to collaborate with game designers in crafting an audio experience that compliments and melds seamlessly with game-play. This person should also have an outstanding ability to not only create excellent, original content, but to successfully integrate it into the final product -- working with other designers, actors, artists, producers, and programmers to make sure that great concepts make the transition from the microphone to the game.
If you’re ready to tackle the challenge of helping realize the next epic Blizzard title, we want to hear from you!
- Demo reel or audio portfolio including representative examples of sound design experience.
- Game audio production credits on multiple major mobile shipped titles in a role of Sound Designer
- Experience specifically in creating outstanding soundscapes and sound assets for mobile games
- Experience optimizing Audio for mobile platforms.
- A proven legacy of utilizing one’s artistic "voice" in furthering a storyline via the medium of sound
- Experience utilizing sound effect recording sessions to gather resources for audio production
- Experience creatively producing sound effects, backgrounds, and Foley for games
- Experience working with commercial and/or proprietary audio implementation tools
- Experience working in DAW workstations, such as REAPER, Nuendo, Pro Tools, etc
- Able to work with equal effectiveness in both team and solo creative environments
- Experience editing and conforming sound-to-picture
- Experience mixing in stereo and surround-sound formats
- Experience using and troubleshooting Windows and Macintosh operating systems
- A passion for exploring new ideas in mobile gaming
- "Building block DSP" such as Kyma, Max / MSP, or Reaktor expertise
- Computer-readable or level-design style scripting or light programming knowledge
- Shipped titles on Audiokinetic’s Wwise audio platform
- Demonstrable technical skills working with Wwise pipelines
- Experience with the Unity game engine
- Familiarity with Blizzard's titles as well as the Blizzard "brand"
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Description Quality Control Inspector primary job is to inspect completed garments and ensuring that they are meeting the required quality standard. Job Requirements Reviews detail...