***This position is paired between the following schools: [Madison Park 0.5 FTE/ CASH 0.5 FTE]. The position is posted online at both schools. You need to apply to only one position to be considered but may apply to both. If you are selected for the job, you will be hired for both positions.
The BTU Specialist will provide support to the students with disabilities enrolled in the ABA Strand and other students placed at risk within the school(s). The support services that the Specialist will provide will be determined by the needs of the students and the specifications developed collaboratively by the Principal(s)/Headmaster(s) and Office of Special Education (OSE).
REPORTS TO: Principal(s)/Headmaster(s) or OSE Program Director (in certain schools) with support from OSE
- Provide specific support services, appropriate for the students enrolled in this strand and other students placed at risk, defined collaboratively by the Principal/Headmaster and OSE
- Provide support services to individual students, small groups and class groups, as defined in IEPs or Service Team Action Plans
- Collaborate in planning and service delivery with Principal(s)/Headmaster(s), HSS Teachers, Special Education Coordinators, Special Education Program Directors, and other school staff and administrators
- Provide case management and liaison with other school, district, and community-based providers
- Participate as members of Service Teams and Evaluation Teams
- Provide consultation and professional development to colleagues
CORE COMPETENCIES: Using the Rubric of Specialized Support Instructional Personnel (SSIP), the Office of Human Capital has identified priority skills and abilities that all BPS SSIP should demonstrate.
(II-A-1 Quality of Effort and Work, II-D-2 High Expectations, I B-2 Adjustments to Practice)
- Sets ambitious learning goals for all students, uses instructional and clinical practices that reflect high expectations for students and student work; engages all students in learning.
- Consistently defines high expectations for student learning goals and behavior.
- Assesses student learning regularly using a variety of assessments to measure growth, and understanding.
- Effectively analyzes data from assessments, draws conclusions, and shares them appropriately.
(I-A-1 Professional Knowledge, I-A-2 Child Adolescent Development, I-A-3 Plan Development)
- Exhibits strong knowledge of child development and how students learn and behave, and designs effective and rigorous plans for support with measurable outcomes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of students’ developmental levels by providing differentiated learning experiences and support that enable all students to progress toward intended outcomes.
(II-A-3 Meeting Diverse Needs, II-A-2. Student Engagement, II-B-1. Safe Learning Environment, II-B-2 Collaborative Learning Environment, I-D-3 Access to Knowledge)
- Builds a productive learning environment where every student participates and is valued as part of the class community.
- Uses instructional and clinical practices that are likely to challenge, motivate and engage all students and facilitate active participation.
- Consistently adapts instruction, services, plans and assessments to make curriculum/ supports accessible to all students.
(II-C-1. Respects Differences, II-C-2. Maintains Respectful Environment)
- Actively creates and maintains an environment in which students’ diverse backgrounds, identities, strengths, and challenges are respected.
(III-A-1. Parent/Family Engagement, III-B-2. Collaboration)
- Engages with families and builds collaborative, respectful relationships with them in service of student learning.
- Consistently provides parents with clear expectations for student learning behavior and/or wellness and shares strategies to promote learning and development at school and home.
(IV-A-1. Reflective Practice, IV-C-1. Professional Collaboration, IV-C-2. Consultation)
- Regularly reflects on practice, seeks and responds to feedback, and demonstrates self-awareness and commitment to continuous learning and development.
- Consistently collaborates with colleagues through shared planning and/or informal conversation to analyze student performance and development, and to plan appropriate interventions at the classroom or school level.
- Regularly provides advice and expertise to general education teachers and the school community to support the creation of appropriate and effective academic, behavioral, and social/emotional learning experiences for students.
QUALIFICATIONS - REQUIRED:
QUALIFICATIONS - PREFERRED:
TERMS: BTU, Group I
Please refer to www.bostonpublicschools.org/ohc (under "Employee Benefits and Policies") for more information on salary and compensation. Salaries are listed by Unions and Grade/Step.
The start and end times of BPS schools vary, as do the lengths of the school day. Some BPS schools have a longer school day through the "Schedule A" Expanded Learning Time (ELT) agreement. To learn more about ELT at BPS and whether or not this school is a "Schedule A" ELT school, check here: https://www.bostonpublicschools.org/Page/6571. To see the bell schedule for every BPS school, go to: https://www.bostonpublicschools.org/Page/7017. Please note, these times may be subject to change prior to the start of the SY20-21 school year.
The Boston Public Schools, in accordance with its nondiscrimination policies, does not discriminate in its programs, facilities, or employment or educational opportunities on the basis of race, color, age, criminal record (inquiries only), disability, homelessness, sex/gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics or military status, and does not tolerate any form of retaliation, or bias-based intimidation, threat or harassment that demeans individuals’ dignity or interferes with their ability to learn or work.
The school Social Worker for Brookline High School to provide therapeutic support for emotionally and socially impaired students as identified on student’s IEP placements. This is a 0.5 FTE...
At the Florida Ruffin Ridley School, we are constantly striving to deliver the highest quality instruction for our students and maintain a community that values and honors each individual that...
BROOKLINE HIGH SCHOOL SEEKING A HIGH SCHOOL MATH TEACHER Job Description: The Public Schools of Brookline seeks a High School Math Teacher to work at Brookline High School. This is a full-time...
Reports to: Principal and Coordinator of Nursing Services Qualifications: - RN with a valid Massachusetts (DESE) nursing license required. - Bachelor's Degree (BSN) in nursing required. -...
Second Grade Teacher at Eliot School starting August 31, 2020 Long Term Substitute August - May "Eliot fosters a love of learning in a community where everyone matters!" John Eliot is a K-5...
The School Counselor will work to advance a shared understanding of the diverse, ever-changing and complex social and emotional needs of the school community. The School Counselor...
The school Social Worker for Brookline High School to provide therapeutic support for...
At the Florida Ruffin Ridley School, we are constantly striving to deliver the highest quality...
BROOKLINE HIGH SCHOOL SEEKING A HIGH SCHOOL MATH TEACHER Job Description: The Public Schools of...
Reports to: Principal and Coordinator of Nursing Services Qualifications: - RN with a valid...
Second Grade Teacher at Eliot School starting August 31, 2020 Long Term Substitute August -...
The School Counselor will work to advance a shared understanding of the diverse, ever-changing...