Sr. Electrical Engineer
Full Time |
Glastonbury, CONNECTICUT |
Sr. Electrical Engineer (ID# 48169)
Be involved in projects with our Federal Programs and Logistics Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is seeking a motivated Sr. Electrical Engineer with strong electrical design experience on US Postal Service (USPS) projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and coordinate all facets of the pre-construction design, bid and award of all assigned projects. Provide support during construction as required.
- Involvement with the management and support of facility construction projects at all stages and jobs of various sizes from small to large dealing with building expansions, renovations and new builds at single and multiple sites across the western portion of the U.S.
- Plan, organize, and prepare reports to upper management with respect to the status and/or progress of the projects including schedule, criteria deviations and milestones ahead.
- Support our Program Managers both in preparation of design and solicitation packages to meet the owner’s qualitative standards; ensuring quality and adherence to clients building standards, and providing support for construction estimation based on engineers design.
- Support our Project Managers involving daily activities of the contractor, reviewing contractors’ construction schedules and submittals, and coordinating responses to the contractors’ inquiries thru the Requests for Clarifications (RFC) and other related documents.
- Provide support to receive, review, and negotiate Contractor Change Order Proposal(s) to achieve a fair & reasonable price in accordance with the General - Conditions; reviews and addresses any and all Schedule impacts in accordance with the project specifications in a timely manner.
- Support our Project Managers to Monitor and manage project close-out with respect to project certification with the Division of State Architects (DSA) and project financial close out.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, or Construction Management, or equivalent of work experience
- 7+ years full time professional experience in Project/Design/Construction Management of Commercial and/or Public/Educational Facility Construction with responsibility for coordinating complex projects with construction values in excess of $100,000 - $10M (not cumulative)
- 5+ years electrical design experience on US Postal Service (USPS) projects, including with USPS design standards, USPS Project Managers and Clients
- Electrical design experience with access control and CCTV systems at US Postal Service facilities
- Experience with Design-Build project delivery method
- Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling
- Experience with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects
- Experience with United States Postal Service Facilities Technical Group
- Independently performs highly complex professional assignments demanding contributions calling for the application of specialized principles
- Leads in the formulation of advanced technical concepts in proposal development, preliminary design phases, and presentations to clients
- Coordinates efforts of sizeable specialty teams to include budget control, scheduling, cost control, quality control, and similar activities
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- This role is subject to a client mandated drug/alcohol testing policy. As such, employee may be subject to random drug/alcohol tests. A copy of the client mandated drug/alcohol testing policy will be provided during employee onboarding and is available upon applicant request
- Masters degree in Engineering, Construction Management
- PE registration
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA Inc., WSP USA Buildings Inc., and WSP USA Services Inc. (collectively “WSP USA”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
Up to $40K sign-on incentives available
Banfield aspires to be a practice where as a team, we make a positive impact on pet health care in hospitals, communities, and...
Animal Hospital of Berlin in Kensington, CT, is looking for a veterinarian to replace a doctor who is sadly transferring to a different state within our practice group. We are an AAHA accredited,...