Apex.AI, Inc. is seeking an experienced Sr. Perception Engineer / Sr. Planning and Control Software Engineer to develop robust and reliable software for autonomous driving, for our Apex.Autonomy group.
You will get to work on a production grade version of various autonomy and computer vision algorithms that follow the ISO 26262 and ASIL-D safety standards, work on the autonomous vehicle technology stack, as well as work closely with the Apex.OS framework.
Instead of creating R&D algorithms and tools that are not being put into production, your research into the 3D perception stack, which include LiDAR, control, path planning, localization, and computer vision algorithms will help improve the safety architecture of the industry’s 3D perception stack.
Your mission is to implement hardened algorithms, further robustify existing algorithms and contribute to the architecture of a safe autonomous mobility technology stack.
Your tasks include to
- understand the state of the art in robotics and autonomous driving algorithms,
- develop extensible and maintainable architectures for robotic, autonomy, and perception algorithm implementations,
- bridge the gap between research and development and implement algorithms for safety-critical use cases,
- ensure the highest code quality,
- use the cutting edge Apex.OS robotics frameworks to the full extent of its capabilities,
- ensure highest code quality and performance by writing unit and integration tests.
Expected qualifications and characteristics are
- Master's or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or related field,
- 4+ years prior experience designing and implementing robotic or autonomous driving software,
- familiarity or expertise in at least one of the following: Linear Algebra, Probability/Statistics, Mathematical/Numerical Optimization, Graphical Algorithms, and / or CS Algorithms/Data Structures,
- familiarity or expertise in at least one of the following: Planning Algorithms, Probabilistic Planning Algorithms, Control Algorithms, Localization/Mapping/SLAM, 3D Perception, 2D Perception, State Estimation, Computer Vision, and / or Data Association Algorithms,
- excellent and proven modern C++ skills (ie. C++11 or later),
- a drive to implement robust and reliable software, and see that through until launch in customer production vehicles,
- strong work ethic and commitment to excellence and data driven decision making,
- exceptional written and verbal communication skills,
- a bias for action, and speed in making decisions and executing tasks,
- the ability to enthusiastically take on new projects and see them through to completion,
- successful track record of shipping software products.
- an open, friendly, collaborative, organized working environment,
- becoming part of an awesome and global team,
- catered lunch, healthy snacks and drinks,
- Barista training to operate our professional espresso machine,
- flexible work hours,
- competitive salary depending on experience,
- stock options,
- benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan.
We look forward to your application consisting of
- a resume outlining your skills, direct experience and how they apply to the tasks above,
- two references you have worked for or with, as this will help complete your career application.
We envision a world of seamless and safe autonomous mobility. Pursuing this vision, we have built a team of the best engineers in their field working together focussed on enabling our customers to take automated mobility applications to production. Your work will have real impact and will improve traffic safety and save lives all around the world. We think that teamwork and collaboration beat individualism, and we strive to create an open environment of continuous learning and improvement. We value a positive and diverse team and work culture, and we openly discuss challenges so we can turn them into opportunities. We are funded by top VCs and work with well-known and international customers.
Job Id E1978645 Job Title Staff Software Engineer - San Jose Post Date 11/18/2019 Company - Division Qualcomm Atheros Inc - Qualcomm Atheros Job Area Engineering - Software Location California -...
Job Id E1979173 Job Title Senior Staff Software Engineer - San Jose Post Date 12/06/2019 Company - Division Qualcomm Atheros Inc - Qualcomm Atheros Job Area Engineering -...
Job Id E1979125 Job Title Staff Software/Firmware Engineer - Bay Area Post Date 12/10/2019 Company - Division Qualcomm Atheros Inc - Qualcomm Atheros Job Area Engineering -...
We are currently seeking a Marketing Director to support our newborn screening and genetic testing business. The successful candidate will have a major impact on the development and success of our...
Job Id E1979126 Job Title Sr. Embedded Software/Firmware Engineer Post Date 12/10/2019 Company - Division Qualcomm Atheros Inc - Qualcomm Atheros Job Area Engineering -...
We are the automation team for the entire company, working on the nextGen Automation infrastructure to define how to test quality of our networking products. It is a challenging task to work on...
Job Id E1978645 Job Title Staff Software Engineer - San Jose Post...
Job Id E1979173 Job Title Senior Staff Software Engineer - San Jose Post...
Job Id E1979125 Job Title Staff Software/Firmware Engineer - Bay Area Post...
We are currently seeking a Marketing Director to support our newborn screening and genetic...
Job Id E1979126 Job Title Sr. Embedded Software/Firmware Engineer Post...
We are the automation team for the entire company, working on the nextGen Automation...