H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
H.B. Fuller Construction Adhesives provides technologically advanced solutions to the commercial, industrial and residential construction industry. The company’s recognized and trusted brands are available through an extensive network of distributors and dealers, as well as home improvement retailers.
Sr. Process Safety PSM Engineer – Chemical or Plastics
Location: Houston, TX
Under the guidance of the Global Process Safety Manager, the Regional Process Safety Engineers have the primary responsibility to help achieve a significant and sustained improvement in process safety performance within the assigned region of H.B. Fuller operation. This position requires the execution of critical work processes that effectively reduce process safety risks.
The principal accountabilities of the position are to function as a key resource for the application of technical standards for process safety management. This position supports the development and implementation of process safety work processes and identifies and addresses gaps for existing PSM regulated and non-regulated processes. A key accountability of the Regional Process Safety Engineers is to support the PSM-regulated sites to achieve and maintain compliance to PSM regulations.
Activities include: engineering analysis of new designs and existing facilities and facilitation of Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and Pre Start Up Safety Review (PSSR) studies to provide effective incident prevention or mitigation safeguards using qualitative and quantitative methodologies; contributing to the development of operating and maintenance procedures and safe work practices with built-in Process Safety principles; leading or contributing to investigation of Process Safety incidents; developing and delivering Process Safety training, performing PSM compliance audits and gap assessments, standardizing PSM program elements by business technology, and assisting in the implementation of fully effective PSM programs.
This position will also support other process engineering tasks by providing a Process Safety perspective to product scale-ups, process improvement, and technology; specification of new process; design and start-up of new process; and troubleshoot production.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field required; preferred chemical engineering degree.
- 10 + years of experience in a chemical process improvement role and applied PSM experience.
- 5 + years of experience and broad appreciation and understanding of Chemical Unit Operations.
- 3-5 + years of experience and knowledge of regulatory requirements engineering standards, EHS regulations, and process safety management best practices.
- 5 + years of experience with technical leadership in identifying and developing solutions around process.
- 3-5 years + experience in developing and following yearly technical and business strategic plans and executing process improvement objectives aligned with those
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) licensure
- Travel requirements of 25-30% with some extended trips
- 5 + years of experience with applying and/or developing programs for the following elements:
- RAGAGEP (recognized and generally accepted good engineering practices)
- Process Safety Management; including thorough understanding of OSHA PSM
- RMP (risk management program) or equivalent European standards (EN: CEN; CENELEC; ESTI)
- Mechanical Integrity codes and standards and implementation of effective requirements MOC (management of change)
- PHA (process hazards analysis), including experience leading or facilitating a PHA
- PSSR (pre-start-up safety review)
- PSI (process safety information) or equivalent European experience in implementing SEVESO II (COMAH) and ATEX
Employees receive full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Houston, Texas, United States
Primary Purpose: Supervise daily warehouse operations to ensure safe and efficient storage and retrieval of district supplies. Qualifications: Education/Certification: High school diploma or...
Help Help Duties Summary This announcement is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Virtual job fair #NNSAJOBFAIR . The salary stated above is basic salary. Locality pay...
Senior Lead Fire Protection Engineer (ID# 47224) Houston, TX Category: Fire Protection Engineering Job Type: Part Time Minimum Experience: 10+ Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job...
Description Vision Inspire and engage colleagues in cultivating a learning environment to drive a sustainable, safe and healthy future for all. Job Description Are you a passionate resilient...
Description Xylem |ˈzīləm| 1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots; 2) a leading global water technology company. Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated...
Senior Traffic Engineer (ID# 47223) Houston, TX Category: Engineering Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 5 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be involved in projects with...
Primary Purpose: Supervise daily warehouse operations to ensure safe and efficient storage and...
Help Help Duties Summary This announcement is part of the National Nuclear Security...
Senior Lead Fire Protection Engineer (ID# 47224) Houston, TX Category: Fire Protection...
Description Vision Inspire and engage colleagues in cultivating a learning environment to drive...
Description Xylem |ˈzīləm| 1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots; 2) a...
Senior Traffic Engineer (ID# 47223) Houston, TX Category: Engineering Job Type: Full...