Billions of transactions—and you’ll touch all of them if you join our IT team as a Sr. Software Engineer.
Imagine the sheer scale of what we impact every second of every day. Now imagine what you can do with that influence - this is where you can shape the future of payments.
It’s the ideal time to come aboard as a Sr. Software Engineer— Our Digital Solutions team plays a pivotal technical role within Synchrony Financial. Successfully we host several client-facing platforms and that deliver high-quality and meaningful solutions. The ideal candidate will make an impact on customer-facing web and service platforms using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using latest techniques in cloud computing.
You’re the one we’re looking for if you:
- Are passionate about leading teams to deliver web solutions & platform enhancements that makes things easier for clients?
- Do you want to own the technical design & development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems?
- Are ready to be disruptive and interesting in the commerce space?
- Can work with product, marketing and project management as one agile team?
- Have tech chops: Software development skill are a must?
- Are ready to own your own career and destiny?
We’ll depend on you to:
- Lead teams in building new web solutions/platforms and enhancements, working closely with requirements analysts, testers, and the customer in an agile development practice
- Own the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems
- Develop functional and technical specifications from business requirements
- Help create project estimates and plans. Represent engineering team in project meetings and solution discussions
- Ensure application quality and adherence to performance requirements
- Responsible for documentation, code reuse, re-factoring and design patterns standards compliance
- Ensure high standards of availability, scalability, and extensibility of internally developed applications
- Work closely with an experienced staff comprising both Synchrony resources and/or 3rd party contractors
- Help define measurable goals for the team
- Communicate the status of technical stacks and initiatives to stakeholders and leadership
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies while maintaining proficiency in existing technologies
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field, with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Information Technology
- Minimum 5 years of experience in full stack development using JEE technologies
- Experience developing n-tier web applications including web services
- Minimum 2 years of application design experience using Design Patterns, UML, component architecture, unit/functional testing, and/ or database design/tuning
- Application design experience using Design Patterns, UML, component architecture, unit/functional testing, and/ or database design/tuning
- Experience in designing and developing applications using micro-services architecture and cloud based technologies
- Experience in Agile application development methodology
- Strong communication skills with technical and non-technical peers
- Ability to achieve results in a cross-functional matrix organization involving multiple technologies, personnel and Processes
Interested in learning more? You can chat LIVE with a Synchrony recruiter by registering here: https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/synchrony/s/aQnNG/next
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- If currently a Synchrony Financial Employee, you must have been in your current position for at least 6 months (Level 4 – 7) or 24 months (level 8 or greater), have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have the approval of your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR to apply if you don't meet the time-in-job or performance requirement
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
Job Family Group:Information Technology
TCG is looking for a talented Web Designer for our client in the metro Atlanta area. This would be a 40 hour a week onsite position that would go through the end of the year As a Web Designer,...
Cutting-edge, high-profile, game-changing work - just another day as an Avanade Digital Studio Intern. Avanade’s North America Internship Program was created for one purpose: revolutionize the way...
Job Title Manager, Content Design Job Purpose This position can work in the Alpharetta, GA or Dublin, OH office. The preferred location is the Alpharetta, GA office. What does a great Manager,...
What you’ll be doing... Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full...
What you’ll be doing... If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Digital Self-Serve Information Technology...
Job ID R182361 Staff Engineering Leader / Application Architect VMware End-User Computing Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by technical leadership, fearlessness, and intense focus...
TCG is looking for a talented Web Designer for our client in the metro Atlanta area. This would...
Cutting-edge, high-profile, game-changing work - just another day as an Avanade Digital Studio...
Job Title Manager, Content Design Job Purpose This position can work in the Alpharetta, GA or...
What you’ll be doing... Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating,...
What you’ll be doing... If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it...
Job ID R182361 Staff Engineering Leader / Application Architect VMware End-User Computing...