We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Conducts needs analysis to create quality solutions. Ensures solutions are aligned with stated requirements and comply with departmental standards. Manages activities to ensure solutions are delivered ontime and within budget. Serves as a resource to ensure effective communications.
- Facilitates the “scrum of scrums”.
- Establishes the annual calendars for sprints and releases, in accordance with the Enterprise Release Plan.
- Facilitates release planning readiness and vision.
- Facilitates release planning events.
- Coordinates and supports overnight project deployments.
- Provides on call support during 30-day post-deployment warranty period.
- Aggregates Team objectives into the Product Release objectives and publishes for visibility and transparency.
- Participates in Enterprise Release Planning activities.
- Reports status to Leadership and Program/Project Manager.
- Escalates risk and removes impediments within Product Families.
- Defines test environment (hangar & data) requirements within Product Families.
- Collaborates with Product Owner on Product roadmap and the underlying business drivers that will deliver the stated business value.
- Translates business desires into quality working solutions.
- Recognizes development issues early on in the process and effectively communicate them to the appropriate Team members.
- Sets up or follow established procedures to ensure high quality of work.
- Verifies information and carefully reviews and checks the accuracy of vendor deliverables.
- Drives work and has a sense of urgency about getting work completed.
- Looks for and seizes opportunities to do more or to do things better.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- BS, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or equivalent formal training required.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience as an Analyst or equivalent position required.
- 3 years as a Product Release Manager, driving and delivering complex programs and projects preferred.
- 5+ years successfully managing software development projects preferred.
- Experience managing offshore and onshore software vendors preferred.
- Airline experience preferred.
- May be asked on occasions to lift and/or pull weights loads of approx. 20 lbs. on a periodic basis.
- May require extended work hours per Leaders' request.
- May be asked to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a periodic basis.
- Advanced knowledge of business analysis, process modeling and redesign.
- Advanced knowledge of technical environments.
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies.
- Excellent partnering, communication, and negotiation skills in working with various Teams and/or external partners.
- Able to analyze large, complex, or vague Business or technical problems, articulating the problem or root cause, and translating the analysis into viable solution recommendations.
- Able to work effectively in a strong Customer service / team oriented environment.
- Able to research, create, and document requirements, processes, and technical specifications.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple and widely varied work streams / tasks.
- Able to take on multiple assignments, whether administrative or project related, while maintaining a successful level of completion in all responsible work. Able to mentor others to do the same.
- Able to develop, present and effectively communicate ideas and strategies to a variety of audiences.
- Able to teach and mentor others concerning technical and business subjects.
- Limited travel with potential for increased/decreased travel based upon Technology Department needs.
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Must be aU.S citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please print/save the job description because it won't be available after you apply.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us through our Talent Communities.
Job Description: Position Summary Provides day-to-day activities of end-to-end testing environments for a large, complex Enterprise Program. Required Skills Provides day-to-day activities of...
At NTT DATA we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company’s growth and market...
Description Xylem |ˈzīləm| 1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots; 2) a leading global water technology company. We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating...
HR Business Partner The purpose of this position is to provide a high level of customer focused HR support to the line business organization. It will provide “one stop shopping” to business...
As our Warehouse Supervisor internally titled, Customer Logistics Supervisor you will provide leadership and general supervision to your employees in a high volume 220 square feet distribution...
The Business Developer identifies divisional customer targets, develops a process to maintain visibility with and build relationships with decision makers to foster future business opportunities....
Job Description: Position Summary Provides day-to-day activities of end-to-end testing...
At NTT DATA we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality,...
Description Xylem |ˈzīləm| 1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots; 2) a...
HR Business Partner The purpose of this position is to provide a high level of customer focused...
As our Warehouse Supervisor internally titled, Customer Logistics Supervisor you will provide...
The Business Developer identifies divisional customer targets, develops a process to maintain...