STAFF NURSE (SN) I/II: The SN I/II is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility & accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame. The SN I/II provides care to patients via the therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environment and instrumentation, and other health care team members.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status; also nutrition, pain, patient/family education, family involvement and patient advocacy.
- Formulates a goal-directed plan of care that is prioritized and based on determined nursing diagnosis and patient outcomes.
- Implements care in a thorough, skillful, consistent, and continuous manner.
- Establishes priorities or patient care based on essential patient needs and available unit resources of time, personnel, equipment, and supplies. Evaluates effectiveness of care given by health care team members. Identifies patient/family learning needs and implements appropriate measures.
- Documents patient care and unit activities in a timely, accurate, and concise manner.
- Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family rights, age specific needs, cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as identified within the institution.
- Performs efficiently in emergency patient care situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge base and actions in the care of a designated patient population.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and Dept. of Nursing personnel.
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
- Participates in unit and Dept. Performance Improvement activities as directed.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties of health care team members.
- Utilizes effective communication methods and skills, following lines of authority, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions w/ patients, families, and all members of the health care team.
- Establishes effective working relationships w/ members of the health care team, patients, and families.
- Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Provides data for staffing decisions and demonstrates flexibility in the resolution of staffing issues; demonstrates flexibility when floating to other units upon requests.
- Ability to navigate in a windows environment, utilizing a mouse and the ability to learn electronic medical record system application.
- Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Participates in nursing research activities as requested.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- SN I -This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- SN II -This job motivates and provides work direction (direct, check, review, assign, organize and coordination) to LVN-s, Nurse Attendants, Unit Assistants, etc., but does not have the authority to hire, fire or discipline.
- SN I = Less than 6 months, SN II = Minimum of 6 months. See job duties for specific experience requirements for specialty units.
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program and completion of the current hours required by the BRN of RN student clinical experience or graduate of registered nursing and either 1) 2000 hours of RN experience in clinical area of specialty from a licensed acute care facility within three (3) years of graduation; or 2) graduate of an accredited licensed vocational nursing program that includes clinical student experience in acute care and has worked 2000 hours as a licensed vocational nurse within the clinical area of specialty within three (3) years before graduation or currently enrolled in an accredited entry level MSN program and has completed pre-licensure requirements to practice nursing.
- High School Diploma/GED.
License, Certification, Registration
- Staff Nurse I/II = Current California RN License.
- BLS required.
SPECIALTY: MED/SURG - Six (6) months recent (within the last three (3) years) experience in an acute care setting. Training in chemotherapy, neurosurgery, telemetry or other specialties may be required once hired. Basic Arrhythmia recognition skills are required.
- Candidates in training are required to obtain appropriate certifications within 6 months of hire or transfer into unit.
- Depending on the particular specialty, ACLS and or NRP and or PALS may also be required for this position. See job duties for specific requirements for specialties.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the RN scope of practice.
- Demonstrated commitment to service orientation (members, staff, providers).
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills (in English).
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
Job Description SUMMARY Under general supervision engages in the washing of dirty pots, pans, silverware, and plates. Also engages in general kitchen cleaning and up-keep duties such as taking...
8 days ago | Agribusiness - Food & Beverage Products and Processing - Manufacturing/Production, AgCareers.com, 18 daysThis company is a progressive cheese manufacturing that is looking to add a Production Supervisor to their state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in California. This company has been producing...
Cafeteria Attendant Work as a team member to maintain the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa employee cafeteria, the Inn Place. Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa is the ultimate...
Job Description SUMMARY Under general supervision engages in the washing of dirty pots, pans,...
8 days ago | Agribusiness - Food & Beverage Products and Processing - Manufacturing/Production, AgCareers.com, 18 daysThis company is a progressive cheese manufacturing that is looking to add a Production...
Cafeteria Attendant Work as a team member to maintain the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa...