Arcadis is currently searching for a Structural Engineer to join our growing Industrial Infrastructure and Water for Industry (WFI) team in Houston, TX.
Arcadis’ Industrial Infrastructure and WFI program is rapidly growing and requires key staff to work in North America to continue to meet growing client needs. In addition, Arcadis’ global oil and gas and chemical clients are creating increasing demand for industrial infrastructure improvements and water management project delivery and technical leadership in Arcadis North America (ANA). Our leadership team is seeking to add a highly motivated, creative, technically competent and strategic thinker, with a proven ability to work with colleagues in a collaborative and team-oriented environment.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing civil and structural engineering planning, analysis, design and construction services for general Water Management, Facilities Management, Water Resources and Flood Protection systems.
- Assisting in the production of design calculations, technical reports, permitting, detailed design and engineering plans and specifications for projects including; pump/lift stations, water containment structures, retaining walls, floodwalls, gates, bridges, dams, diversion canals and storm water systems.
- Designing concrete, steel, masonry and timber structures, along with any necessary foundations.
- Working effectively in team situations and establishing strong relationships with other teams where the overlap of client project work exists.
- Developing engineering and construction drawings, specifications, bid packages, and cost estimates for projects.
- Ensuring project compliance with all Arcadis practices, maintains a safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, quality, rules & regulations and enforcing safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic understanding and experience with AutoCAD and/or other similar CADD software.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written--e.g. public speaking, ability to work as part of a team, preparation and development of technical documents.
- Functional experience with MS Office applications.
- Strong structural analysis and design skills.
- Computer Skills:
- Analysis Software: Proficiency in use of STAAD Pro, RISA, ETABS, and other related industry software.
- Engineering Design Software: Navis Works, AutoCAD/REVIT software, Civil 3D, MicroStation and other related industry software.
- Others: Primavera, Mathcad & Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent working knowledge of all building codes and standards such as IBC, ACI, AISC etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering or a related field of study
- 3-5 years of experience
- EIT, or ability to take within 1 year from date of hire
Required Driving Statement
This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Master’s degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering or a related field of study
- Finite Element analysis experience
Why Choose Arcadis
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business Line
Now more than ever, businesses and governments recognize the need to incorporate environmental concerns into their decision making. As the leader in global environmental services, Arcadis has provided innovative and sustainable solutions to some of the world’s most complex projects. We literally wrote the book on environmental remediation, and our experts continue to pioneer the development and application of cutting-edge approaches in environmental planning, site evaluation, environmental construction and strategic environmental consulting as well. Join us in making a cleaner, safer world a reality.
HR Job Title
Structural Engineer 2
What country will this position be in?
Engineering - Civil/Structural
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Staff Facilities Engineer-00019818 Description Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with a subsidiary (OxyChem) that is a major North...
AECOM's Water Business Unit is actively seeking a creative, innovative, and highly motivated mid-level Municipal Water/ Wastewater Engineer for immediate employment in the Houston, Texas office. ...
Water/Wastewater Construction Project Manager - Houston, TX 180002O2 Support our Design-Build water clients across the U.S. and have a hand in transforming tomorrow As the...
Requisition ID: 209471 SUMMARY: Plans and conducts independent work in the Civil, Structural and Architectural (CSA) Engineering discipline within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Business...
Water USA - Texas Houston Job Summary AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Senior Project Engineer / Project Manager for immediate employment for the Houston, TX office. AECOM is...
Production Engineer-00019831 Description Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with a subsidiary (OxyChem) that is a major North...
Staff Facilities Engineer-00019818 Description Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an...
AECOM's Water Business Unit is actively seeking a creative, innovative, and highly motivated...
Water/Wastewater Construction Project Manager - Houston, TX 180002O2 Support our Design-Build...
Requisition ID: 209471 SUMMARY: Plans and conducts independent work in the Civil, Structural...
Water USA - Texas Houston Job Summary AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented...
Production Engineer-00019831 Description Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an international...