The Permanente Federation LLC (the Federation) is the national leadership and consulting organization for the eight Permanente Medical Groups (PMGs), which, together with the Kaiser Foundation Health Plans (KFHP) and Kaiser Foundation Hospitals (KFH), comprise Kaiser Permanente. The PMGs employ almost 23,000 physicians, approximately 90,000 nurses, other clinicians and staff, and provide care to over 12.2 million Kaiser Permanente members. The Federation works on behalf of the PMGs to optimize care delivery and advance Permanente Medicine - medicine that is patient centered, evidence based, technology enabled, culturally responsive, team delivered, and physician led. The Federation, based in Oakland, California, is dedicated to serving and leading Permanente Medicine, the Permanente Medical Groups, and Kaiser Permanente in support of our patients and members. The Strategy & Corporate Development team at TPF seeks a graduate-level summer intern for 2019. This is an exciting opportunity for a MBA or other master-s candidate to help guide Kaiser Permanente-s strategy for care delivery optimization. The intern will support a variety of impactful projects on a fast-paced and experienced team. Projects will vary dependent on future needs of the team, but tasks may include:
Evaluate or develop strategic relationship options for Kaiser Permanente; develop financial models and support planning for care delivery optimization; Support PMGs with business development, shared services, or new venture projects; Develop white papers, competitive intelligence briefs, or other strategic communications. The intern will also have the opportunity to participate in professional development workshops and networking events with other summer interns sponsored by Kaiser Permanente University Relations.
- Support the development of Permanente Medicine strategy.
- Financial analysis and model development.
- Development of white papers, thought pieces, or other communications.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum one (1) year of professional experience in corporate strategy, business development, merger & acquisition/transactions, management consulting, or other health care and business-related function.
- Currently pursuing a MBA, MPH, or other Master-s degree in finance, economics, health care policy, or health care management related field.
- Completed Bachelor-s degree.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrable experience and interest in health care business administration & management.
- Ability to independently define, structure, and execute complex analytic exercises.
- Ability to structure projects with uncertain (or yet to be defined) outcomes.
- Possess solid problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to manage projects and workstreams end-to-end with minimal supervision.
- Strong financial modeling and analysis experience.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following: Provides professional engineering/architectural advice; Oversees the largest facility planning and programming enterprise in terms of size,...
<< Back to Search Results Finance Internship/Co-Op (Summer 2019) Req. ID: 73946 Office Location: NA-US-CA-Fremont-45500 Fremont Blvd Job Shift: Job Type: Intern Description Our Finance team is...
position summary Putting patients first is a core value of Eidos. This means engaging patients, families, and caregivers throughout the drug development process to understand their challenges and...
<< Back to Search Results Project Manager - Charging Req. ID: 75493 Office Location: NA-US-CA-Fremont-Ardenwood Campus 6900 Dumbarton IV 5 Job Shift: Job Type: Employee Description Project Manager...
Ardelyx is focused on enhancing the way people with cardiorenal diseases are treated by developing first-in-class medicines. Ardelyx's cardiorenal pipeline includes the Phase 3 development of...
Parkway Veterinary Hospital located in Dublin, CA is looking for a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine to join our practice! Since 1971, Parkway Veterinary Hospital has provided compassionate and...
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following: Provides professional...
<< Back to Search Results Finance Internship/Co-Op (Summer 2019) Req. ID: 73946 Office...
position summary Putting patients first is a core value of Eidos. This means engaging patients,...
<< Back to Search Results Project Manager - Charging Req. ID: 75493 Office...
Ardelyx is focused on enhancing the way people with cardiorenal diseases are treated by...
Parkway Veterinary Hospital located in Dublin, CA is looking for a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine...