This position serves as Deputy Director to the Director of Facilities and Deployments (FD). Directly responsible for assisting the FD Director in executing the day-to-day operations in the areas of facility acquisition and life-cycle management, environmental compliance, deployments of the Ballistic Missile Defense System components, administrative functions, workforce capital planning and execution, strategic planning for FD enterprise objectives and goals.
As a SUPERVISORY GENERAL ENGINEER at the NH-0801-4 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Oversee manpower requirements and managing a workforce comprised of contractors, military and civilian personnel. Perform supervisory functions to include but not limited to understanding and enforcement of policy and guidelines, work assignments, selecting, training, performance plans and employment assessments.
- Provides expert level management and oversight to 375+ person organization in executing facility operations and deploying Ballistic Missile Defense Systems (BMDS) and supporting components.
- Synchronizes site selection, planning and design, and construction activities and leading site activation and site operations.
- Plans, develops, and interprets policies, programs, requirements, and procedures in support of the agency's Facility Life Cycle; planning, design, construction, sustainment, and disposal; and Environmental Compliance. Develops policies, guidance.
- Provides oversight of MDA facilities management in all phases of the Facilities Life cycle, i.e. planning, programming, budget execution, environmental compliance, scheduling, technical studies and reviews, MILCON and minor construction, sustainment, restoration, and modernization, leasing facilities through the host installation or off-installation leasing authorities, and disposal.
- Serves as Senior Level interface between the weapons system program manager and lead service to ensure real property requirements are identified, and projects are designed and constructed to support all aspects of the weapon system and lead service's CONOPS's. Oversee Facilities and Deployment execution of BMDS deployments. Supports the environmental executive with environmental oversight, compliance, and expertise.
- Ensures facility life cycle and support are provided in accordance with DoD and MDA policy and guidelines to include accommodation for human environments.
- Develops and maintains the Directorate's Human Capital Plan.