Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
Position located in Brookings, South Dakota. Candidates must be enrolled and registered as a full-time student. Ideal candidate should be available to work approximately 15-20 hours per week during the academic year and at least 20 hours per week during the summer.
As a Systems Qualification member, you will get exposure to many of Daktronics products and how complex systems come together. You will be responsible for ensuring that software and hardware products meet Daktronics standards and customer expectations for quality and reliability. You will be working with our systems and product development teams by detecting, documenting, and communicating system discrepancies.
- Learn, configure, and test systems that include hardware and software communicating across layers and networks.
- Finding and reporting software and hardware deficiencies.
- Assist in manual testing of systems.
- Track test results and quality metrics.
- Become proficient in the use of testing tools and methodologies.
- Work with users and Daktronics personnel to answer questions and resolve problems.
- Work and communicate effectively as a team member, work with little supervision, help when and where needed make suggestions for process and product improvement, complete quality work in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Regularly and reliably work scheduled hours.
- The ideal candidate must be a full-time student currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Cyber Operations, Network and Security Administration, Computer Game Design, Physics, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related degree in their sophmore, junior or senior year of school.
- Only strong academic performers in undergraduate coursework will be considered.
- Must maintain an acceptable GPA.
- Unofficial transcripts or web transcripts must be submitted with application to be considered for this position.
- Experience or knowledge of Daktronics products is helpful but not necessary.
- Working in a team setting.
- Troubleshooting and tinkering.
- Good oral and written communication skills, good organizational skills, self-motivation.
- Must have good problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to quickly respond to unique problems with creative ideas.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or citizenship status. If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .
Associate HSE Engineer - Ethanol Plant-19001AO Description Assists with the ongoing compliance for environmental and safety regulations. Ensures that all control, monitoring, recordkeeping, and...
Associate HSE Specialist - Ethanol Plant-19001AP Description Responsible for implementing systems to meet environmental, health and safety regulations/performance for ethanol production...
Associate HSE Engineer - Ethanol Plant-19001AO Description Assists with the ongoing compliance...
Associate HSE Specialist - Ethanol Plant-19001AP Description Responsible for implementing...